CycloDS games lagging

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Lifis, Feb 25, 2010.

Feb 25, 2010

CycloDS games lagging by Lifis at 11:27 PM (856 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Lifis
    OP

Newcomer Lifis Newbie

Denmark
    Hey, I've been using a CycloDS for about a year now without any problems - I've been using a 2GB sandisk card to store my games.

I recently got a friend of mine a CycloDS and a 4GB micro SDHC Sandisk card, but she seems to have a lot of problems with games lagging. Pokémon Platinum slows down to a crawl in the item menu, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story also lags a great deal when a lot of stuff happens on screen. She's tried using both 1.56b3 and 1.56 stable, and I've had no problems with the same games using those firmwares.

I'm guessing the mini SD card is to blame, but that seems weird to me considering she basically has the same card as me, but better (?). Anyone know what might be wrong?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Have you tried switching the microSDs? That would help determine where the problem lies.
    If it is indeed the microSD's problem, then the only thing I can recommend is to reformat it using this program: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html
    If that doesn't do anything, then the microSD could be faulty. Note that your logic of bigger size = better is incorrect. If anything, regular microSDs seem to perform better than microSDHC.
    Also, make sure that your friend is not filling up the microSD with games completely, always leave around 100MB of free space.