Hacking Custom IOS38 rev 14

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
- Content override system added (from SD/USB device).
- System Menu support (Disc Channel works again).
- Installer support for cBoot2.
- Installer support for all IOS.

Does anyone have any idea about what these each mean ???
There is nothing in the README neither in the changelog that explains what it REALLY does

Same for this:

QUOTE- ES plugin updated.
- FFS plugin updated.
- EHCI module improved.
- SDHC module improved.
- FAT module improved.

as always with each new CiOS release, waninkoko remains (voluntarilyor not) very vague
it would be cool to know what exactly have been updated or improved
I know much people only care about the end result but I mean, this is also very interesting to know precisely what have been fixed/modified/improved ... cIOS modules sourcecode would be very nice too, learning from smarter people is always nice

also, what is that FAT module ? neverr heard about this before...

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, everything is working great for me. I came from 13a and I can say loading games is faster and the reset bug is fixed. USB Loader GX works fine (I think I'm on 633).

One question. I know there is a separate unreleased application to do NAND emulation (from USB/SD). Obviously you will be able to run WW/VC games from the emulated NAND and technically you will be loading them off the USB/SD, wherever your emulated NAND is located. Still, the current system menu only allows 48 channels on the main menu. I was under the assumption that there would be a separate app (and source code) that will allow you to run WW/VC from the SD/USB much like the current USB Loaders. So, I am hoping that we will eventually have a USB Loader GX that will have a separate tab/folder for running WW/VC games. Is this correct?

It seems this functionality is listed separate from NAND emulation in the change log:
QUOTE said:
- Content override system added (from SD/USB device)."

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gjac1 said:
Ghostbusters doesnt work with the new Gecko, my mistake sorry..Ghostbusters seems to be the only game i can not get to work via Gecko 1.9.1 , gecko just freezes after "initialising the drive"

I tried to run Ghostbusters through Gecko 1.07b and i get the 002 error, same with Tennis and Resort..i cant try the games through the disc channel as it asks for an update...

This is weird as i had no problems at all with NeoGamma R6 and 13a , it seemed like it was the perfect combo

I told you, cIOSrev14 has a better 001 handling, most likely your chip is doing wrong. Sorry.

Littlegreenmen said:
im using rev14 and preloader system ios set to 249 but when loading from disc channel ghostbusters i get 001 unauthorised device

Modchip?

Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
- Content override system added (from SD/USB device).
- System Menu support (Disc Channel works again).
- Installer support for cBoot2.
- Installer support for all IOS.

Does anyone have any idea about what these each mean ???
There is nothing in the README neither in the changelog that explains what it REALLY does

Same for this:

- ES plugin updated.
- FFS plugin updated.
- EHCI module improved.
- SDHC module improved.
- FAT module improved.

as always with each new CiOS release, waninkoko remains (voluntarilyor not) very vague
it would be cool to know what exactly have been updated or improved
I know much people only care about the end result but I mean, this is also very interesting to know precisely what have been fixed/modified/improved ... cIOS modules sourcecode would be very nice too, learning from smarter people is always nice

also, what is that FAT module ? neverr heard about this before...

Disc channel == if the disc channel uses IOS249, it works now, before it didn't
installer cBoot2, start installer from cBoot2, should work
installer all IOS, start instller with downgraded IOS15 should work, before it didn't
EHCI module improved == faster usb loading
SDHC module improved == fast sd loading and/or higher compatiblity

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
thanks !

btw, the "FAT" module seems to be a new module especially added for NAND emulation, see nand.c from Wad Manager 1.5 sourcecode
still, cIOS coding is fascinating (at least to me) and having access to the modules code would be awesome

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i ran into a small hickup of CIOS 249 rev 14., maybe someone can confirm it.
On PAL WII, FW4.1E updated with 4.1 updater from 4.0, Cios rev 14 breaks the SSBB in the opening demo with "An error has occured ..." after about 40 seconds.
Tried Wiiflow, USB LoaderGx and Coverfloader, everytime the demo stops at the same point.

Reinstalled Cios rev 13a ( after installing rev 10, because direct try gave me Err -1035) and tested again, opening demo runs fine for several minutes.

Didn´t test the game itself.

Nonetheless, great work, love to try nand-emulation

dazz159

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
scrappy said:
On PAL WII, FW4.1E updated with 4.1 updater from 4.0, Cios rev 14 breaks the SSBB in the opening demo with "An error has occured ..." after about 40 seconds.
Tried Wiiflow, USB LoaderGx and Coverfloader, everytime the demo stops at the same point.

Reinstalled Cios rev 13a ( after installing rev 10, because direct try gave me Err -1035) and tested again, opening demo runs fine for several minutes.

I've just tried it and it worked great. I'm on Rev 14 and using Configurable USBloader, and also the scrubbed version of SSBB

grox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
installed it over Rev13b, Waninkoko's 4.1E firmware and using r655.dol from USB loader GX.
I see the games, but when I want to start one, nothing is working.

Anybody had this problem also?

Stokesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
grox said:
installed it over Rev13b, Waninkoko's 4.1E firmware and using r655.dol from USB loader GX.
I see the games, but when I want to start one, nothing is working.

Anybody had this problem also?

Yeah, having the same issue here, although I am using the WAD for GX.
Still happened when I rolled back to rev10.
I tried an older version of GX and it worked again. Really strange, still trying to wrap my head around the problem.

Edit: try deleting your GX config.

JeAves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For first time WSR is working with no errors at all from usb after rev14 update! Thanks Waninkoko! No problems here!
laugh.gif

Edit:4.0e, wiikey 1.8s, neogamma rc7beta

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for trying to help WiiPower , but i have gone back to 13a and everything works fine now...

I cant see how this can be a problem with my old modchip if 13a works but 14 doesnt, i will wait and see if any new revisions of 14 come out and then try them, but it looks like i will be sticking with 13a and NeoGamma. Seems more like a problem with 14 and maybe a new feature that was either added or removed from 13 that is somehow conflicting with the modchip maybe...

I used to remove the 001 and 002 errors from all my iso's with the patcher, as well as the updates, but i was told on here that definitely for the newer games , the iso needs to be untouched, so i dont think i will ever be able to play a backup via the disc channel ever again....but cant have everything
smile.gif
, all my games now work so i am happy sticking with 13a

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrappy said:

I'm experiencing similar issues with my SSBB at various parts of the game, NTSC-U on mine though.

I'll beat a classic mode as a character, then at the end of it it will freeze. It also freezes at various other locations for me, but they're always the same spot.

I have a feeling that dual layer support was fucked up, but I have no idea for certain. I do know that the copy was working fine through usb on cIOSrev13b before it.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
thanks !

btw, the "FAT" module seems to be a new module especially added for NAND emulation, see nand.c from Wad Manager 1.5 sourcecode
still, cIOS coding is fascinating (at least to me) and having access to the modules code would be awesome
It's at his GitHub...
http://github.com/waninkoko/fat-module/tree

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gjac1 said:
Thanks for trying to help WiiPower , but i have gone back to 13a and everything works fine now...

I cant see how this can be a problem with my old modchip if 13a works but 14 doesnt, i will wait and see if any new revisions of 14 come out and then try them, but it looks like i will be sticking with 13a and NeoGamma. Seems more like a problem with 14 and maybe a new feature that was either added or removed from 13 that is somehow conflicting with the modchip maybe...

I used to remove the 001 and 002 errors from all my iso's with the patcher, as well as the updates, but i was told on here that definitely for the newer games , the iso needs to be untouched, so i dont think i will ever be able to play a backup via the disc channel ever again....but cant have everything
smile.gif
, all my games now work so i am happy sticking with 13a

001 error == the game reads data "behind" the disc. cIOSrev14 tries to detect if a disc is single layer or layer layer and gives the correct errors then. If your modchip results in 001 in unpatched games from disc channel, the cIOS - modchip combo can't detect the disc type. I doubt that will be fixed, but you don't need that fixed, usb loading should work fine for you, and for discs you have latest Gecko OS and my Gecko OS mod.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
To anyone who is waiting for rev14b or rev 15 dont hold your breath because waninkoko stated that rev14 will be his last cIOS and i highly doubt unless there are serious errors in 14 (which there arent to anyones knowledge yet) there wont be one at least for a very long time. if that at all

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djda said:
To anyone who is waiting for rev14b or rev 15 dont hold your breath because waninkoko stated that rev14 will be his last cIOS and i highly doubt unless there are serious errors in 14 (which there arent to anyones knowledge yet) there wont be one at least for a very long time. if that at all
I thought it was already determined that's not true

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jabmaster2 said:
Littlegreenmen said:
im using rev14 and preloader system ios set to 249 but when loading from disc channel ghostbusters i get 001 unauthorised device
did u patch the iso to 249?

What do i use to patch the iso to use iso249 ??

Doing this is something i havent tried yet and i hope maybe it will solve my Ghostbusters problems with rev14
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt