Custom Disc Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by VashTS, Feb 14, 2010.

Feb 14, 2010

Custom Disc Channel by VashTS at 12:09 AM (1,725 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. VashTS
    OP

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    If the disc channel can read banners, is it possible to create a custom channel that can read it as well? Like a neogamma forwarder, but before it forwards have it read the banner and play the animation and the music? I'm just curious if its possible, I mainly use usb loading anyway. I don't the know the technical details of a channel nor the details of the disc channel.

And I know about cIOSCORP...

2. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Instead of a question mark when you insert a mixed media disk, or backup (without cIOSCORP installed) I would like it to have a blank DVD logo thing going on. That would be a sweet little customization.

3. Leathl

Member Leathl GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Not possible from what I can tell as the disc channel is part of the system menu.

4. luisfhb

Newcomer luisfhb Member

Brazil
    it would be great

I wanted some kind of NeoGamma loader, but with disk channel skin, with the two disks spinning.

I mean, if NeoGamma does not give #001, why the hell do the disk channel need to?

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u can do that with mymenuify, but the disks still wont play through the disk channel without cioscorp or modchip

6. vashgs

Member vashgs GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If I understand correctly, he's not talking about the Disk Channel at all. He wants to know if you can make a forwarder to NeoGamma or a similar backup loader that will read the backup and display the images and music that the Disk Channel would if it were the retail disc.

7. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    yeah its called use the rebooter in neogamma so it comes up in the disc channel =] thats the best your going to get

8. Unfortune

Member Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

Pakistan
    OMG OMG YOU HAVE 999 POSTS QUICK POST 1 MORE THING AND GET A THOUSANDDDDDD!!!!!111one!11one

anyways, on topic:
    Well you can just cIOScorp....but yeah this would be better!

9. DKAngel

Australia
    fuck i hate when ppl do "!!!!!111one!11one" makes u look like an absolute tard

10. vashgs

Member vashgs GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I hate when people make completely off-topic posts.

Oh wait...

11. DKAngel

Australia
  12. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    enable "move disc channel" on preloader, then go to wii system menu then move disc channel far away where you can't see it then replace it with autobooting neogamma with banner of disc channel. lol

is that what you want???

13. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I believe the closest you can get is to patch the System Menu so that when Disc Channel is started, a homebrew app is loaded instead. I dunno if this is actually possible or not, but theoretically, if you find the section of the System Menu that is executed when "start" is pressed on the disc channel, you could patch that code to instead load a hidden channel, which could be whatever Disc Loader you choose e.g. Gecko OS, TinyLoad etc. This could take the form of a preloader or StartPatch patch.

14. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    @op: What you say is already possible through game channel creators... just create a channel for the game using either Crap or Loadstructor and install that... You'll see the original banner of the game in one of the channel slots in wii menu and you'll be able to launch the game... Game channel creators uses their own loaders or employ direct game launching functions of proper loaders through simple forwarders...

15. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Disc Channel is part of the menu (like other people said). It's impossible to create a Channel WAD that would do this. It's just not possible. So:

-Channel with displaying banners and sound: No (never?).
    -A Copy of the Channel, without displaying banners, and just some spinning discs: Probably. You could edit this Channel:

And there you go (Attention: Requires a big brain, some XML-Knowledge, Benzin, CustomizeMii, and much time).

16. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    if you can only learn how wanin's menupatcher works, maybe that way you can do some coding, patch your sysmenu like wanin's menupatcher does.