Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=92659

For those who don't know, Cursed Mountain is a survival horror title for the Wii and its said to be the next so called "core" title for the console.

QUOTE said:
Cursed Mountain - Singleplayer: 82 (Controls: 78 | Graphics: 84 | Sound: 86)
+ absolutely no load-times during a chapter
+ high quality (german) localization
+ tight atmosphere
- "slow" pacing, sluggish controls

This is taken from the magazine "N-Zone" for which I have never heard of.

About the game:

QUOTE said:
Set in the late 1980s, gamers take on the role of a fearless mountaineer as he climbs into the Himalayas on a quest to find his lost brother. As he ascends the mountain, he encounters an ancient curse: the souls of the people who died in that region are stuck in limbo, caught in the Shadow World. Villagers, pilgrims, mountaineers and Buddhist monks – dead but not yet reincarnated – are all that is left on the mountain. Terrible visions will disorient him, and ghosts and demons block his path. But the question remains – is his brother still alive? Designed exclusively for Wii, Cursed Mountain features rich visuals and breathtaking views – set on the roof of the world in the life threatening death zone, the entire game world is visible from every level. The gesture-based combat system takes full advantage of the motion sensitivity of Wii. Players use the Wii Remote to look around, sense the environment, climb and fight enemies.

Video Games | Cursed Mountain | Story TrailerXBox 360 | Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii

82 is a good score so I hope its as good as it should be.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although I'm sure it'll but good at the least decent I'm gonna pass. From the moment IGN premiered it, I had no interest. Maybe cuz I'm not really into horror titles or the game just looks to bland and isn't doing anything significant enough for me to care. IDK.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
QUOTE said:
This is taken from the magazine "N-Zone" for which I have never heard of.
But I did. A german Nintendo-Magazine, which is pretty reliable. It got the Conduit-Demo first before others, and is also good supported by Nintendo and other producers, I think
unsure.gif
. Bottomline: You can belive them, they never went wrong
smile.gif

Btw:
QUOTEthe "slow pacing" is adressed more clearly in the full review. they're saying that there is almost nothing going on at certain times but that this especially adds to the lonely and harsh atmosphere the game tries to convey.

so it's not really a "negative" minus in that sense. it just might put some more action-loving people off
Now,@Opinion: Meh, I think this whole "Ghost/Zombies-Games" on Wii is slowly getting annoying. Ju-On, Cursed Mountain, Fatal Frame 4, Resident Evil (4, UC, DC, A, etc..), The Grinder, Dead Space Extraction, etc.. I think we have enought now...although I'll look into Cursed Mountain for shure....

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its out 25th August in the US & 4th September in Europe.

Yeah I'm not sure if its something I want to play as soon as its out but I guess it beats the usual crap.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It looks pretty interesting. I like the style and the atmosphere, it's rather original. But what do I know - I'm hardly playing any horror games.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Waiting for the game. Consider me a wierdo, but I like horros on the Wii, and this one looks really promising, at least graphic-wise, with some new ideas about the setting.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to say, that I`m really excited for this game. Often I find myself very enjoyed when playing games, that focus on atmosphere and story...

The part I think I`ll like most in this game is the feeling of isolation and loneliness, which enhances the experience of searching for someone. That`s at least what I hope this game will be like.

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This game is too scary for me. I've played through several survival horror games, but almost nothing has scared me this much, and I'm not even too far into this game. I'm gonna play some more, but only few moments per day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: