AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate to have to post a thread here, but this problem is annoying the hell out of me.

I followed the 4.2 CFW + 4.2 sysNAND + 9.4 emuNAND guide perfectly. And now I'm at the point where I'm trying to send the installcia command to the 3DS. I get "crtclient: failed to connect" even though I am 100% sure I have the right IP in the run.bat file. I've tried everything, including using both launchers (GW and homebrew rop), manually setting IP, and redownloading the files. Nothing works. Any help is appreciated. Please don't tell me to check the IP, I know it's correct.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's one of those things that works for some, doesn't work for many others. Probably due to some obscure security feature present in certain router models or some combination of other issues. Anything that relies on a wi-fi network is usually unstable in my experience.
Too many links in the chain, too many chances for something to break.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried to format your sysnand? I was getting the update nag everytime I booted into the cfw at the same time I was trying to run the bat file.
I removed the sd card and formatted the sysnand to remove the nag. I reinserted the sdcard and recreated my profile and setup the internet. I loaded the cfw and ran the bat file. It worked first try..

This was just my experience, if it works for you, great.
Its all I can share.....

endoverend

AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to format your sysnand? I was getting the update nag everytime I booted into the cfw at the same time I was trying to run the bat file.
I removed the sd card and formatted the sysnand to remove the nag. I reinserted the sdcard and recreated my profile and setup the internet. I loaded the cfw and ran the bat file. It worked first try..

This was just my experience, if it works for you, great.
Its all I can share.....

Unfortunately, no dice, but thanks for the suggestion.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, no dice, but thanks for the suggestion.
This just happens sometimes. I got this a lot, this is what I did:

- Got as close as I could to the router (to be sure there were no reconnections after boot
- Tried multiple times to send the CIA (sometimes it can take several tries. Give it 5 tries, then...)
- Reboot the system (on my 2nd installation of CFW, it took 3 reboots to get it to properly recieve the CIA)

Also, make sure the IP you are using for your 3ds is right!

endoverend

AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
This just happens sometimes. I got this a lot, this is what I did:

- Got as close as I could to the router (to be sure there were no reconnections after boot
- Tried multiple times to send the CIA (sometimes it can take several tries. Give it 5 tries, then...)
- Reboot the system (on my 2nd installation of CFW, it took 3 reboots to get it to properly recieve the CIA)

Also, make sure the IP you are using for your 3ds is right!

Thanks, but really nothing is working. Oh well, I guess.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What router do you have?

When I did mine it wouldn't install no matter what. So I got frustrated, came back 20 minutes later (without changing any settings), and it worked fine.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that I can think of is that the ip address is just not correct. I've noticed on my old linksys that setting static IPs would make it act wonky. Pull of the client list in your router and make sure everything looks like you expect it should.

I think I ended up doing mine without manually setting a static ip and just let it go with dhcp. Cfw is completely wonky, theres a hundred reasons it might not work.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that I can think of is that the ip address is just not correct. I've noticed on my old linksys that setting static IPs would make it act wonky. Pull of the client list in your router and make sure everything looks like you expect it should.

I think I ended up doing mine without manually setting a static ip and just let it go with dhcp. Cfw is completely wonky, theres a hundred reasons it might not work.
I've tried DHCP and static. The IP is absolutely correct according to the router and several netwrk scanners.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just keep trying....it took me weeks to get it. I was as discouraged as you are...I just kept trying things. Personally I believe the issue is more internal then anything external you can change. Just keep trying. It does work. Its just as buggy as getting the cfw to load.

CaptainSodaPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Setup a fresh connection in both normal and CFW mode.Enter the CFW without holding L on pressing DS Profile, that way you'll be in CFW and be able to also setup a connection too.When you hold L while entering CFW you are entering it for WiFi transmitting to send DevMenu only.You can't mess around with settings or anything because you're either end up freezed or not being able go into stuff.

So, setup fresh connections with everything default in both normal mode and CFW.

Hope you understood and I hope that I've helped.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In in the past three days and currently on the 3rd page of this sub-forum there is a thread with a very descriptive title from person who seems like they have the same problem as you.

If you say it is/would be to difficult to find said thread, I say you probably didn't look. And more importantly, you do realize it would have been better to post in that thread, right?

Please *think* a little bit, the people here are not going to do it for you nor are they obligated.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In in the past three days and currently on the 3rd page of this sub-forum there is a thread with a very descriptive title from person who seems like they have the same problem as you.

If you say it is/would be to difficult to find said thread, I say you probably didn't look. And more importantly, you do realize it would have been better to post in that thread, right?

Please *think* a little bit, the people here are not going to do it for you nor are they obligated.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/does-firewall-block-devmenu.386606/
if you mean that thread then ive found no solutions from there, also this thread is about a more specific version for the problem since it's not about the firewall.
If you've no solutions to suggest, then please refrain from saying useless stuff just to boss people around.

Reactions: Dasanko

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I never said there was a solution or solutions in that thread.
2) I never said there was a solution or solution in that thread because there aren't any. Doh!
3) Regarding your last thought, uhhh, what? Sorry, you're wrong and you fail!

Again, I'm not being mean, you're response is ridiculous and there are very few ways to correct when people go into nauseating semantics and then also, are just plainly wrong. Please try again.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/does-firewall-block-devmenu.386606/
if you mean that thread then ive found no solutions from there, also this thread is about a more specific version for the problem since it's not about the firewall

al2gaiden

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to share, i had this problem and i found that it was the REDNAND that one who wasnt working. Every time i booted with L and the DS Profile and the system loaded the CFW i always got the same connection error, and also the 3ds always froze when i clicked on anything (settings, friends, browser and even turn off the console). So i copied again the Gateway Launcher to SD in order to format the emunand again and re-create the rednand to inject it back and finally everything worked and i was able to run the bat file without problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm