Homebrew CTGP?

Fluvv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was curious if it’s worth getting a Mario kart Wii disc just for ctgp. I already have wiimms mario kart fun. I want to try out the 200cc game mode but I don’t want to spend 30-40$ just for 200cc. Is their anything else exclusive to ctgp?

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think just all the custom tracks, and an item rain game mode. I don't remember if there is anything else...

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, 24 player mode is still exclusive to CTGP-R, I don't know much much longer that'll stay the case

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think just all the custom tracks, and an item rain game mode. I don't remember if there is anything else...
Item rain is a publicly available hack, so are all of the custom tracks

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You should not be forced to buy a copy of a old wii game just to play custom tracks. No other versions of ctgp require you to have the original retail game like ctgp-7 for nintendo 3ds. If you look online you might be able to find a older build of cgtp-r for wii 1.02 as a wbfs file pre built to play online with.

Last edited by cvskid,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You should not be forced to buy a copy of a old wii game just to play custom tracks. No other versions of ctgp require you to have the original retail game like ctgp-7 for nintendo 3ds. If you look online you might be able to find a older build of cgtp-r for wii 1.02 as a wbfs file pre built to play online with.
CTGP-R 1.02 is 9 years old, at that point you might as well just play any other up-to-date distribution with the newest and nicest tracks
If you really want to play 1.02 though, there's this as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended