Hacking Create open/close disc tray switch?

exp0wnster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody.

I am using my Wii for a project that involves taking the disc drive completely out. However, I still need to be able to control whether the drive is open or not, for things like DML. Does anybody have a pin out or something to lead me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
The eject button is located on the motherboard (You should know this...), so when you press eject the Wii sends the eject-signal through the datacable (or maybe the powercable, Im actually not sure about this part) to the dvd drive.
Easiest way to relocate the eject button would be to simply solder some wires on it (and dont say "its not pretty" or similar, because then youre not doing it right).

But it would be a lot easier to help you if you told us what you want to do...

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he wants to construct something that will essentially emulate a disc being in the disc drive.

exp0wnster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I want to emulate a disc being in the drive, so that I could run DML without the actual disc drive attached to the wii.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
There is a little optical sensor that checks for if a disc is in the drive. Block that optical sensor and that may be enough to do the trick. There are also switches on the PCB (i think, but it's bee a while since I dismantled the drive), and just shorting those switches may do it for you too.

Once I get my oscilloscope back I will divulge into this a little bit and see what I can come up with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1