CRC32 on Black Ops Save

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ihatecompvir, Dec 24, 2010.

Dec 24, 2010

CRC32 on Black Ops Save by ihatecompvir at 3:28 AM (541 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. ihatecompvir
    OP

Newcomer ihatecompvir Newbie

United States
    I've been trying to modify the Black Ops savegame, but there is a CRC32 checksum at the beginning.
    It's the most annoying thing ever, due to the fact that the file is 32kb large, but only 2kb of it is actually filled. No matter what I do, I can't find where the checksum is being generated from. The file in question is common.dat.

For anyone into hacking the CoD games or owns one on PC, you'd know that a CFG/DAT looks similar to this:
    set blahblah "1"
    bind key "command"

Etc.

This is exactly what the file looks like, plus a large amount of 00's after it.

There is also 2 other files, exactly the same way

Every file in the save is checksummed this way, and it's really annoying. The same exact checksum format is used for every other CoD game for Wii aswell, and they are interchangeable.

Can anyone help?

Also, it might not even be CRC32 at all, I just guessed it was due to the fact that it is a 4 byte checksum, and CRC32 is the only checksum I can think of which is 4 bytes.

Configmp.dat
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/configmp1.dat
    It's completely empty, except for 2 bytes which are 0C and 03. All Empty files will have a CRC32 checksum of 27 2C 7A D4.
    Configmp.dat from an actual profile
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/configmp2.dat
    It's not empty, it's full of stuff.

Help would be appreciated.

2. megazig

Member megazig SU

United States
    I'd assume CRC32 also. (having not looked at the asm)
    but they sometimes have their own CRC implementations and use a static table that you can find in game's data