Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Everybody remembers Crash Team Racing – well, you do if you owned a PlayStation because you had to – it was all part of the fanboy wars of the time as Sony diehards desperately tried to convince themselves that CTR (to the hardcore) was better than Mario Kart. Piffle.

In Crash’s favour, Mario Kart games have diluted a little recently, and so it’s rather exciting to learn that somebody, somewhere is working on a new Crash Team Racing game – news of the week? Maybe.

That somebody is High Impact Games, and that somewhere is Burbank, California.

The online portfolio of a certain Justin Rasch, a surname so close to Crash we’re not sure if this is all one big wind-up, proudly statest that he’s been working on a ‘prototype’ for the game since 2006. 4 years is quite some time, but it’s still going, so there’s still hope that it’s alive.

Rasch was (is?) the ‘lead animator’ on the project, responsible for in game characters, cinematics, and all the animation, as you’d expect. We’re assuming this went as far as a pitch, but seeing as we’ve not heard anything about the game at all it’s not clear whether this will ever see light of day.
Source.

Holy fuck yes

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Loved this game on the PSX, probably my most played game there together with Tekken 3.
So this is of course fantastic news. I still remember whole maps of this game, sweet memories....
Too bad it's gonna be for PS3
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first Crash Team Racing was better than Mario Kart until Mario Kart DS came out...for me anyway.

Can't say I've liked any of High Impact's titles but racing is a different genre to their usual platforming fare.

Satangel said:
frown.gif
Doubt it, Activision owns Crash now and seeing it appeals to kids it'll be on every current format they can stick it on.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Crash Team Racing DEFINED kart racing games. I still consider it one of the best games (heck, all Crash and Spyro games pre-suckiness rule!!!) This is gonna be awesome!

Hopefully this game will be on PSP at least because I'm planning to get one (for the heck of playing Crash and Spyro PSX games)...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gaydrian said:
The first Crash Team Racing was better than Mario Kart until Mario Kart DS came out...for me anyway.

Can't say I've liked any of High Impact's titles but racing is a different genre to their usual platforming fare.

Satangel said:
frown.gif
Doubt it, Activision owns Crash now and seeing it appeals to kids it'll be on every current format they can stick it on.

It's on GoNintendo now too, they say it's for PS 3, 360 and Wii!
Epic! Mario Kart Wii + Crash Team Racing + Boom Blox (2)+ Wii Sports (Resort), what an awesome party console this baby is.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R2DJ said:
Crash Team Racing DEFINED kart racing games. I still consider it one of the best games (heck, all Crash and Spyro games pre-suckiness rule!!!) This is gonna be awesome!

Hopefully this game will be on PSP at least because I'm planning to get one (for the heck of playing Crash and Spyro PSX games)...

Agreed, I remember staying up all night trying to complete it, that rat guy with the tommy gun was one hard guy
frown.gif
the alien guy sucked though
tongue.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
R2DJ said:

Agreed, I remember staying up all night trying to complete it, that rat guy with the tommy gun was one hard guy
frown.gif
the alien guy sucked though
tongue.gif
Haha Pinstripe? Just leave a green tonic in the middle of the last ramp that you see before the finish line and he's gonna be MILES behind you.

Nitrous Oxide however, is a different story. Had to use the Super Turbo cheat just to beat him. Even to this day, when I watch an N.Oxide battle video, I say to myself "This guy's skills are just like mine, but Oxide still has the pwn factor"
tongue.gif

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my cousins each had this game and we would play it every time we went over each others houses but the 2 Crash racing games after the first one were let downs for me I hope they make this one better.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
asdfghjkl;
I got about 100 hours out of Crash Tag Team Racing, I got everything. Plus loads of hours on the other Crash Team Racing games.
You can see how hyped up I am and how disappointed I am because I will never be able to play it.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
IchigoSJ said:
Me and my cousins each had this game and we would play it every time we went over each others houses but the 2 Crash racing games after the first one were let downs for me I hope they make this one better.
I can imagine online play in this would be massively awesome! The sound of the rolling bombs and the approaching rocket are more intimidating than MK's weapons...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satangel said:
Gaydrian said:

Satangel said:
frown.gif

It's on GoNintendo now too, they say it's for PS 3, 360 and Wii!
Epic! Mario Kart Wii + Crash Team Racing + Boom Blox (2)+ Wii Sports (Resort), what an awesome party console this baby is.

QUOTE(Prowler485 @ Apr 27 2010, 07:46 PM)
asdfghjkl;
I got about 100 hours out of Crash Tag Team Racing, I got everything. Plus loads of hours on the other Crash Team Racing games.
You can see how hyped up I am and how disappointed I am because I will never be able to play it.

There's still a chance if you have a Wii
tongue.gif

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
Crash>>>>>ALL
The games developed by Naughty Dog and Vicarious Visions were the best, aswell as Crash Bash.
The rest were OK at best.
I would so get this game for PS3 and Wii if it was good, normally wouldn't get the same game for two different consoles, but Crash owns.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CTR: Crash Team Racing = awesome

That however was Naughty Dog's last Crash title. Then we got the likes of Crash Nitro Kart and Crash Tag Team Racing.

Why will this one be any better?

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:

That however was Naughty Dog's last Crash title. Then we got the likes of Crash Nitro Kart and Crash Tag Team Racing.

I didn't really like Tag Team Racing, but loved Nitro Kart
smile.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:

CTR was perfect. This time around it will be better because it will absolutely have online play. Not to mention much more improved graphics (the original looked stunning, what more for the remake?)

QUOTE(#5661 @ Apr 27 2010, 07:06 PM) I admit - with much shame - that I've never played CTR.
Is it a good game?
If you got the time and money, play ALL Crash and Spyro PSX games. You will absolutely love it. I am still longing for Crash 3 (the only Crash PSX game I never played; it was rare back then)...

And whoever said Crash Bash, you rule! That was also fun. Especially the ball repelling stages...

D

Deleted-171178

Whenever I get a PS1 emulator, CTR is the first game I ever try.
And in HD? AWESOME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...