FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I Want to know everyone's opinion on them because i didnt know untill nwo that i had one

these things are basically not manufactured correctly and have hinge issues which will be guaranteed to brake off

mine is more messed up than that though but yea mine broke 2 years ago had to make nintendo fix it which was 2 months (persuaded it to be free) and now it has touch screen problems so i dont know if i should call nintendo and ask them to fix it for free or something because the bar code sticker on the back also fell off eventually and the system is worn down i got it in 2007

im surprised nintnedo didnt offer to give us a free brand new system and take these cracked ones back

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 4 DS's in my past they all Broke. Nintendo really sucks a lot. They didn't manufactured it correctly. This is a list of all my problems.

1st DS: It was a white DS Lite got it in 2007. When you press the B button it turned off.
2nd DS: It was a white DS lite got it also in 07 I think or maybe beginning of 08. First the Touch screen broke(not accurate) and recently about 3 months ago the hinge cracked. It still worked perfectly except the hinge was broken gave it to my friend to borrow and he broke it completely.
3rd DS: Was a DS lite White got it in 07. Hinge broke as well here is whats left of it.
sdc10526.jpg
4rd DS: Blue DS Phat got it in 07-08 forgot worked perfectly fine until about 3 months ago both hinges broke. Gave to one of my cousins to keep after I got it he kept it in good condition for about 2 years.
5th DS: Black DS lite. Touch screen broke not accurate. Thieves Like Us fixed it for me like a week ago so works perfectly now yay. Got it in 07. This is the one I am currently using. (Actually only got it 3 months ago from my friend who broke my other White DS lite he gave me this one because he broke my old one, but he bought it in 07), I was the one who broke the Touch screen on it though.
6th DS: Blue DS Lite got it in 09 about 6 months ago. Works perfectly fine except it has one scratch on the back that is really small and doesn't do anything. Gave it to my Cousin to keep when got it(not the same one I gave my DS phat too).

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Curious...

I have a DSL that has had no issues since I got it when they first came out. I have friends with both DSL and phat - also no issues with build or screen...

I wonder if it is something to do with them being from different production lines to you guys?

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
I had 4 DS's in my past they all Broke. Nintendo really sucks a lot. They didn't manufactured it correctly. This is a list of all my problems.

1st DS: It was a white DS Lite got it in 2007. When you press the B button it turned off.
2nd DS: It was a white DS lite got it also in 07 I think or maybe beginning of 08. First the Touch screen broke(not accurate) and recently about 3 months ago the hinge cracked. It still worked perfectly except the hinge was broken gave it to my friend to borrow and he broke it completely.
3rd DS: Was a DS lite White got it in 07. Hinge broke as well here is whats left of it.
sdc10526.jpg
4rd DS: Blue DS Phat got it in 07-08 forgot worked perfectly fine until about 3 months ago both hinges broke. Gave to one of my cousins to keep after I got it he kept it in good condition for about 2 years.
5th DS: Black DS lite. Touch screen broke not accurate. Thieves Like Us fixed it for me like a week ago so works perfectly now yay. Got it in 07. This is the one I am currently using. (Actually only got it 3 months ago from my friend who broke my other White DS lite he gave me this one because he broke my old one, but he bought it in 07), I was the one who broke the Touch screen on it though.
6th DS: Blue DS Lite got it in 09 about 6 months ago. Works perfectly fine except it has one scratch on the back that is really small and doesn't do anything. Gave it to my Cousin to keep when got it(not the same one I gave my DS phat too).

I went to that same amount of DS lite for crack and touch screen reasons....

Now I'm on DSi and this thing is on fire! I dropped it and have it in my pocket and so far I only had my R button screw up (fixed it by opening my DSi and clean with alcohol)

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:

sdc10526.jpg
HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU BREAK THAT MANY DS?
blink.gif

I'm still on my first ds phat which only has like what a few minor scratches on the top. So pretty much it is in perfect condition and has a white sticker on the back. (if you don't understand the bar code and everything disappeared) It has been 4 years.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jakob95 said:

sdc10526.jpg

I wonder your NDSL is refurbish want?
How come broke so easily?
You keep drop it from 100th floor tower to ground?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they all broke for no reason. One day I just turn on my first DS lite play New Super Mario bros and I press the button B and it just turned off. And for the touchscreen its the same thing non of the screens had scratches on any of the DS's except the black one and all of them had bad Touch Screens.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jakob95 said:

sdc10526.jpg

Nintendo doesn't suck, ds lite sucks.

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
The real question is, how far does a company have to go to make their products durable? There is a certain extent where they have to say enough is enough. You wouldn't build bullet-proof screens or fire resistant cases? So where do we stand on how high these systems can drop and things like that?
Agreed!

Maybe this is taking it offtopic but there have always been some people whose electronics break like nothing and for some people it could last from now and until forever. I have never had any problems with any kind of electronics that have been treated well.

"Omg my DSL broke by itself one day it just didnt work anymore". C'mon ? Stuff doesnt just break by itself.

The DSi though i would say has a very low build quality. Most of the screens are tilted and the day i got it the stylus doesnt even stay in its slot lol
tongue.gif
just slides out. Maybe i just got unlucky.

Treat your electronics with care or dont QQ about them breaking.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
O_O i just checked back on my topic and i must say umm nice opinions and i never broke that many ds lites in my life this is my first an donly one i got it fixed for free before and i treat it perfectly it just wares off ater a few years.....its 3 years old now my ds lite......

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep it's definitely a manufacturing defect. Then there's also the issue with the yellow touch screens and unresponsive L buttons.
Weird how the DS Lite can have so many faults but still be the best console ever.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.