cracked hinge

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 2short, Mar 14, 2009.

1. 2short
    OP

2short GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2003
    in the northern cold...
    woke up today and discovered my ds has a cracked hinge. WTF? have no idea how it happened.
    anyway, what do I do? can I fix this myself, or does nintendo fix it? I live in denmark by the way.

2. DJ Hobo

DJ Hobo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2008
    If it's under warranty, you can send it to Nintendo. I think they fix it for a price. If you don't wanna do that, you can buy a new shell and replace it yourself.

3. 2short
    OP

2short GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2003
    in the northern cold...
    thanks. don't think it's under warranty, as I bought it from a friend, and have no receipt. will get a new shell then and do it myself :-)

4. 2short
    OP

2short GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2003
    in the northern cold...
    just ordered a new shell... are they hard to replace? any online guides?

5. Islay

Islay GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2008
    My DS lite was gotten 5 days after it came out I've had mine over 2-2.5 years and it warranty is over , I got no card so a new case was not an option for me as both options were out of my reach when a hinge broke on mine I Did a D.I.Y repair job,

What u need

super glue
    An old news paper or any paper,
    1 black or matching marker to your DS.

rap a small piece round the broken hinge (only works if u can re slot the broken piece in.)
    then pore the super glue on to if it's raped around right then it will hold, mine has been holding for about 3 months now.

6. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
  7. 2short
    OP

2short GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2003
    in the northern cold...
    I'm sorry but I didn't understand any of that.

thanks for the vids!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice