Couple advanced MoonShell questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by pachura, Oct 6, 2009.

Oct 6, 2009
  1. pachura
    OP

Member pachura GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hello,

I have the newest MoonShell (2.05 stable) and it's working great, but I still have some questions:

1. Does it matter what cluster size do I set when formatting the SD card to FAT16? Can the cluster size have any influence on MoonShell video playback performance?

2. Despite setting UseGBACartForSwapMemory=1, MS says "Extention memory was not found." Does it concern RAMpacks (like the one for OperaDS), or this little amount of memory needed for running GBA games? My flashcart (SuperCard Lite) does run GBA games...

3. All the DPG encoding tutorials recommend video bitrate of 384, max bitrate: 512, while the defaults in BatchDPG 1.60-unofficial are: 256 and 384. Is there any specific reason for this?

4. How does "[x] Enable FastStart video playback" work? The explanation says "Increasing the processing speed during playback (FastStart) can cause videos with high framerates and bitrates to lag.". I have indeed noticed lags in fast-motion scenes (movies encoded with 384kbps/512 max). Should I turn it off?

5. MoonShell starts for me only with the following settings in moonshl2.ini:
    Ignore16bitReadTest=1
    AutoDetect1632bitsReadAccessMode=0
    What do they mean? In particular, does it mean that my flashcart/SD card has slow disk access ?

6. What's the difference between MoonShell.nds and MoonShell_DirectBoot.nds ? Both work fine for me (after DLDI patching).

Thanks !