Gaming Could Watch Dogs Wii U damage the disc drive of the Wii U?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I "accidentally" ordered Watch Dogs for Wii U (I sent an email to the retailer to cancel the order but it didn't happen) and now I'd like to know if Watch Dog's Wii U disc could potentially ruin the disc drive of the Wii U in some way?

I'm aware that when it plays it tends to be really noisy and that's rather off putting really (I don't recall other Wii U games running like this then again they had less content to read).

So er, this is another one of them times when installing the game data on Wii U's storage device would have been ideal, Nintendo.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't think it's possible for a Wii U optical disc to damage the disc drive, especially if it's licensed software like Watch Dogs. The reverse can be true, but optical discs are manufactured to very slim tolerances and in the case of Wii U optical discs, the edges of the disc are rounded and polished. Unless the disc is physically broken, there's just no way for it to cause the disc drive any harm.

Why are you asking anyway? You can return whatever you order online as laid out in your statutory rights if you don't want the game. :)

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't think it's possible for a Wii U optical disc to damage the disc drive, especially if it's licensed software like Watch Dogs. The reverse can be true, but optical discs are manufactured to very slim tolerances and in the case of Wii U optical discs, the edges of the disc are rounded and polished. Unless the disc is physically broken, there's just no way for it to cause the disc drive any harm.

Why are you asking anyway? You can return whatever you order online as laid out in your statutory rights if you don't want the game. :)

I've been wanting to play Watch Dogs on the Wii U just to see how it plays out and all. I'll be using the Pro Controller as the GamePad has little to no use.

Thanks for that.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd like to know if you find it worthwhile because I have a friend looking to sell his copy for around £25 so that's a good price. But I've just lost interest in the game since it's been so long since the launch and reviews weren't honestly as good as I expected.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that there was call of duty games that wrecked (wore out) the Wii dvd drive. It had to do with the console constantly reading the disc because it couldn't load multiplayer maps into it's memory, ps360 didn't have that problem. So it is possible, although it wasn't the actual disc that did the damage.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think that there was call of duty games that wrecked (wore out) the Wii dvd drive. It had to do with the console constantly reading the disc because it couldn't load multiplayer maps into it's memory, ps360 didn't have that problem. So it is possible, although it wasn't the actual disc that did the damage.

Wasn't aware of that. Who plays CoD on Wii anyway? :D

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'd like to know if you find it worthwhile because I have a friend looking to sell his copy for around £25 so that's a good price. But I've just lost interest in the game since it's been so long since the launch and reviews weren't honestly as good as I expected.

£25 is rather IMO overpriced and for the Wii U version it should be bought for £10-15 max or none at all.

You've got PS4 so if I were you I'd get it for PS4 as they released all of its DLC content and the game runs at locked 30fps plus the visuals look better.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Watch Dogs WiiU is little loud in disco drive. If in quiet room then yes you hear WiiU read disc, but right now I do not have issue with game. If need any more info then ask. I am currently playing smash and WD(I play WD more though), best combo in a nintendo console =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==