DivCanuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I recently homebrewed my 3DS and used PkHeX and JKSM to generate some pokemon in Ultra Moon, but whenever I try to open the game it says something along the lines of "the saved game data has been corrupted, read owners manual ..." I have already tried deleting the secure value, but nothing happened. Does anyone have any tips? All help is appreciated.

Edit: Issue resovled. Scroll all the way down for a fix

Last edited by DivCanuck,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You kept a backup, right? You didn't overwrite the initial backup, and instead put the modified save somewhere else, right? Did you let PKHeX save backups for you?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if it will make a difference if I save to main and not backup?
"Save backup" seems to just have a different filename, the contents is the same. PKHeX can also automatically backup saves any time you save if you enable this feature (create a "bak" folder next to the PKHeX executable).

DivCanuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep backups before you make edits. That's the best advice, really.

Turns out I didn't keep a copy of my saves. I guess I should just restart the game. Good thing I didn't any important Pokemon into the game

Edit: My game is good now, all I did was get a copy of my main file (which I ended up having) dragging it into PkHeX and saving it to my main file. All my generated Pokemon are gone, but I can always just recreate them. Thank you for all of your help.

Last edited by DivCanuck,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte