douchebag
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey, I know there is a way to convert CD ISOs to DVD ISOs, but I can't find a good tutorial anywhere! If anyone knows how to or has a link to one, please post it! Thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to burn a CD size iso to a DVD (I guess it is for something like and original xbox that does not agree with burnt CDs) most things will let you, the place you may come unstuck is with file systems, names and tweaks thereupon.

Failing that many things should be able to open the ISO (7zip is good and does it), you can then burn the files contained withing using a burning app or make another with folder2iso ( http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareFolder2Iso.php?b2=1 , I have not used the app since IMGburn gained the same functionality but it served me faithfully before then).

Or do you mean something else like convert an ISO of an audio CD to one of the myriad DVD audio versions that exist?

Failing that it is payware but ultraiso can handle just about every format out there, IMGburn can also handle it but it only outputs ISO files).

Edit: must remember to look at the section.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your input, I am trying to convert a CD Game.iso for my PS2 into a DVD game.iso for my PS2, because ESR patcher doesn't work with CD.iso's (ESR FTW).

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
here's how but ... Not all games work!

This guide is to use with FREE MEM CARD BOOT or MEMOR 32 (MEMENTO) cards

1) Open the ISO CD with UltraISO
2) Change properties to media DVD, UDF, DOS 8.3
3) Save modified ISO (now DVD format, but size still approx the same)
4) Patch the new ISO like you do with DVD ISO files
5) Burn to a DVDR

like I said NOT all CD games work this way
frown.gif

and the bad thing is .. you will not know until you actually burn it and put it in the ps2 to test it to find out if it works or not
frown.gif

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just a question to add on to this. Let's say I use Jiggah's method to make the CD->DVD so ESR can read it. Would I need to use a DVD-R for the ISO or could I still burn it onto a CD-R? Also, is the addition of a .pad necessary?

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay cool. Will I need to add .pad or DUMMY files to it though? I heard there was a 1.7 GB minimum for ESR.

EDIT: Is the Scanlte method doable via IMGburn?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Open the ISO CD with UltraISO
2) "File/Properties" to "UDF", and, "DOS 8.3"
3) Save modified ISO (now DVD format, but size still approx the same)

Works for "Stunt GP" on the USB STICK in "DVD" folder for "open ps2 loader"...........does not work for "shadowman 2", rebuilding using "cdvdgen" also does not work for shadow man (since the CD folder is not detected, .bin, go in there, but otherwise don't work, this has been for a long time with the newer beta builds)
The Real Test:

You have to rebuild "Fatal Frame 2" the iso, using cdvdgen method, in order to fix fmv playback (on open ps2 loader), you don't need to use "console media patcher" just rebuild it..................if this method works, just using ultraiso that is a big win.

(on the PS3 using the "ps2 classics package method or iso"........Fatal Frame 2, will not play fmv) (i think the PS3 doesn't play rebuilt .iso ps2 games)

EDITING - back in a few
I'm sure this will help him alot, i mean he waited for 12 years to get this to work.. Now he can finally rest!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill