ROM Hack Convert FF10 PC/PS3/PS4/PSV Save to NS

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get it converted after following that set of instructions and using that hex editor, thank you for making it idiot proof. Loaded it up and seems good so far other than the name of the save changing, but if that's my only issue and it doesn't resolve itself I'm okay with that.

TonyMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get my PC save to Switch and I typed up the steps I used. Also include Switch to PC, hopefully helpful to someone.

PC to Switch
1. Copy save to alternate location
2. Open save in HxD
3. Paste 08 00 00 00 01 00 01 02 into first 8 bytes
4. Delete last 8 bytes (Should be all 00, to keep filesize the same)
5. Overwrite backup save in Checkpoint

Switch to PC
1. Copy save to alternate location
2. Open save in HxD
3. Delete first 8 bytes
4. Insert 00 into last 8 bytes
5. Save to PC folder

• Love
Reactions: KIDMods

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 download winhex
2 use winhex open two save
3 in psv save press ctrl+a and press ctrl+shift+c
4 in ns save , press alt+g , input "00000008" confirm the cursor moves to the middle position , press ctrl+b , press ctrl+s , ok

I was able to follow all of your instructions with the ps vita save change to switch.
After I have made the change I saved the file, but it's now 33 kb instead of the original 32kb.
I copied the file back to checkpoint on the switch and I press R to restore the save, but when I boot into FFX and try to load the save it's just the same old save still there.

Just to be a bit more verbose, I have taken the "data0001.bin" save file that I have extracted using savemgr and opened it in winhex. Then I have taken one of the "data0000.bin" files from the switch and opened it in winhex. I have copied the data from the psv save and placed it at the offset "00000008" in the switch file and pressed crtl+s to save it. Then I transferred this file back to the switch sd card and restored it in checkpoint.

I know I'm really close to solving this issue.

Is there any other possibilities as to why I'm not having success?

Last edited by darkfuturez,

calenito5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can someone make a step by step video or guide to do this from a ps3 file to switch, will be greatly appreciated by many

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
By following those instructions i was able to transfer my ps vita save to my switch :yay:

Thank you so much !!! :wub:

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to update my progress.

I was finally successful transferring my ps vita save to my nintendo switch. I went through all the steps again using winhex and it started up perfectly.

This is very cool, as I wanted to play with the improved graphics on the switch and bigger display.

lakai_10

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried removing the first 8 bytes of my switch save file, but it says corrupt when i try and play it on my pc.

I also noticed that the values are different than the '08 00 00 00 01 00 01 02' from above.

Any ideas?

lakai_10

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried removing the first 8 bytes of my switch save file, but it says corrupt when i try and play it on my pc.

I also noticed that the values are different than the '08 00 00 00 01 00 01 02' from above.

Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs