Hacking Controls erratic with certain backup games?

Archimboldi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, some details:
--Soft modded wii -- followed xzxero's guide perfectly
--I'm using Configurable USB Loader .50c
--Loading games off of a WBFS formatted partition
--Edit: just tried Ultimate loader and got the same results.

Keep in mind that these controllers all work fine with any other game, it's definitely game specific. The batteries are brand new in my remotes.

I've run into problems with two games now--
--Zelda Twilight Princess - hates one of my wii remotes. the + and - buttons, as well as all motion control simply don't work with the game. This remote is fine with every other game.

--Smash Bros Brawl (full back up, not cut down, scrubbed, or anything...a straight rip from the disc) - Both of wii remotes are acting weird with this game. Single taps on any button are registering multiple times, like a turbo controller, except it isn't consistent. It also happens with a classic controller and nunchuk. This makes the game impossible to play. Gamecube controllers work fine with the game, though.

I've tried resyncing the controllers, resetting the system, resyncing even more-- nothing seems to work.

Just wondering if this is a problem with USB loading games, if anyone else has encountered it, and if there's a solution. thanks.

Archimboldi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll bump this once.

Turns out one of my wii remotes is messed up, but Brawl is screwed up with every remote I've tried on it. Guess I'll re-rip it and see what happens. Are there any known problems playing this game off a usb drive?

TiHKAL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a complete noob and this is unrelated however there are tons of issues with this game in general due to it being DVD9. I haven't really heard of any regarding wiimotes though.

Archimboldi said:
Guess I'll bump this once.

Turns out one of my wii remotes is messed up, but Brawl is screwed up with every remote I've tried on it. Guess I'll re-rip it and see what happens. Are there any known problems playing this game off a usb drive?

Archimboldi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. seems like it is a trouble game. it's okay, everyone wants to play Mario Kart and NSMB anyway
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN