Console Woes

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just here to say that this past month has been very sad first we were playing guitar hero 3 on my PS2 and one of my brothers was getting up and i made him flinch but in doing so he pulled away from the system and made it fall to the ground which cause the games to not work so i opened it up and tried to find out what was wrong with it and since i have no knowledge with consoles i just closed it back up and it worked
wink.gif
.well that was the first time it fell the second time my buddies and i again playing guitar hero 3 were messing around when one of my friends pulled the PS2 from where it stands (which is pretty high by the way) and it fell to the floor and completely broke
cry.gif
. Now recently I bough a Wii for myself and thought about modding it so i contacted someone who knew how to do it and he seemed to know what he was doing so i agreed and sent it to him to mod it. When the wii returned a few weeks later it was playing great until it started scratching the outer edge of every single disc i put in. So i contacted the person and he was being a dick and said it wasn't his fault so we argued and it the end i said whatever. Well a few weeks passed and i found someone in Canada who was willing to fix it for a good price, again he seemed to know what he was doing so once again i sent my wii. Now it seems that Canada customs is holding my wii but they can't give me any info so I'm pretty much screwed in the fact that I'll probably never see my wii again. Now looking at my DS I got one of those hinges that broke like the one's everyone keeps talking about so my DS is broke and h'm not under warranty so it's broken. But that's not all in between my Wii getting lost and my PS2 getting broken i went to Mexico for personal reasons. Anyway i went to Mexico and i saw this guy selling a brand new SNES so i think to myself man i haven't had a Super Nintendo in ages, so i go ahead and buy one but i didn't get to test it until i got back to the US. To my amazement the SNES doesn't work it's broken completely so now h'm stuck with a lot of broken consoles which none work. SO LET'S RECAP

1 Broken PS2
1 Lost Wii
1 Broken DS
1 Broken SNES

Sucks Doesn't it
all in the span of 5 months

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i guess i can only blame myself for not being more careful but a glimpse of hope has come through now i realized that my mod-chip from my PS2 still works and i contacted the person who i sent my wii too and he's going to try to find out whats going on with it

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should get your Wii back, don't lose faith in Canada! But thats been some bad luck, hope your next console you get lasts you a long time.

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't buy any Consoles from Mexico. Why didn't you try and check if it ran before buying?
because i was in a hurry. when i did try to play i noticed that the cable that connects to the power is for a phone but it stills connects perfectly and it says 10v but the SNES says it needs a 12v could that be the reason it doesn't work?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Yes that likely would be it as you're getting an underflow of current not enough to get it going. If it says 12v, you need 12v. Just go to a Radio Shack, get a multiplug convertor, put it in the right way, set 12v and give it a go. If it still won't work, return the plug for a refund and learn that buying much from Mexico that needs something to make it work probably won't work especially if it is a good deal. It's like when you go to Mexico you just know not to drink the water.

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Yes that likely would be it as you're getting an underflow of current not enough to get it going. If it says 12v, you need 12v. Just go to a Radio Shack, get a multiplug convertor, put it in the right way, set 12v and give it a go. If it still won't work, return the plug for a refund and learn that buying much from Mexico that needs something to make it work probably won't work especially if it is a good deal. It's like when you go to Mexico you just know not to drink the water.
well i'll try it as soon as i can.
the only thing i find funny about the whole SNES thing is that i was born over there and people always tell me that i trick them into giving me what i want because of my Mexico DF background but it happened to me which i think is ironic and funny

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had some problems with my friend's xbox.. got a modchip working in it but it won't boot to the dash, so I take it apart reseat the modchip and bam modchip fries because team xecuter didn't put a plastic around it so that it'll only fit in one way. So now I gotta get back together with my friend and see if he has another chip in stock so I can try again. Hopefully the xbox itself isn't fried.

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah i forgot one more thing while i was looking for my SNES. When we were playing guitar hero 3 and my friends were messing around the wireless receiver in front of the PS2 also broke when the PS2 fell so now i have a wireless guitar with no receiver

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well since i practically lost all my console I humbly ask the people from this great forum that has helped me so much with all my console need if they can help me get a new one please i ask just for some help i really want to play the new smash bros game the only thing holding me back from going insane is that my cousin gave me his N64 with super smash bros 64 please any help would be great

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, no one here is going to give you a console. Your Wii was probably confiscated if the guy you sent it to was a modder. If not then you should contact Customs anyway. Why the hell didn't you send it to Nintendo?
sleep.gif
Putting your consoles on top of ANYTHING at any height that could damage it is a very bad idea especially when you know you or your friends are clumsy and/or careless. The floor or any big piece of furniture is a good place, and you could put them away in a case too.

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guy i did sent it to was a modder but see this is the first time it's happened so i mean come on how many people expect their console to fall 2 times from the same spot. And as for the free wii I'm not asking for one I'm just asking if anyone can help me with this referral thing I'm trying to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)