Connecting Wii to computer (for recording,etc.)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Andarel, Dec 19, 2009.

Dec 19, 2009
  1. Andarel
    OP

Newcomer Andarel Member

United States
    So, I've been trying to connect my Wii to the computer in order to record or just play it on my laptop.

Trying to get two things, one of which is more important than the other:

1) Sound isn't working. I've tried it in two ways: firstly by connecting it directly to my EasyCAP (which has video but no sound) and secondly by connecting it to an RCA L/R -> Mic adapter, which gets sound from my iPod stereo cable but not from my Wii.

2) Is there a way to reduce lag beyond the roughly 1/4 - 1/5 of a second I get using DScaler? Not absolutely necessary, but it makes SSBB a bit more interesting to play when lag-free.

Thanks muchly,
    Andarel

2. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    I don't know how to get sound working.

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Does your computer not have a line in input? Mic isn't exactly ideal for anything other then a microphone input.

I haven't used Dscaler in years, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy here. I recall you could disable the tv tuner drivers and use dscaler's inbuilt ones. This only worked on certain tv card chipsets, but was reported to be faster and reduce lag.
    Have you also set dscaler to use your mic input for the sound input?

4. Andarel
    OP

Newcomer Andarel Member

United States
    I believe my computer can switch that slot between Line-In and Mic (let me check which one it's on atm), but the issue is a bit more strange:

My 3.5mm adapter can get input from my iPod to stereo cable just fine, which has the same type of output as my Wii. But when I plug my Wii's sound cables into it, I just...don't get any sound. At all.

No clue why.