United States
cars was confirmed wave 4

bigger games take more time to press, as they press more

just accept that wave 4 is coming already

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to check what firmware im on? Im not sure if its 1.5.1 or 1.6 cause when i upgraded my xbox i just gave it to the guy who done it originally and didnt bother to ask what the number was.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@misticknight no way to check as far as I know.

Most flashed drives though if they took some effort (mode b, probe etc) have a simple flash option the second time around though.

@Salamantis 1.51 and 1.6 both have wave 3 support. 1.5 does not have wave3 support (1.51 was just a "hack" to 1.5 to allow wave3). If soon means in the next couple of weeks we may have already seen 1.61 or 1.7 by the time you get around to it.

Edit: Just read this over at ABGX360 http://abgx360.net/index.html , stealing the lot as it is important.

QUOTE said:
2009/10/16

Looks like we were wrong in assuming that iXtreme v1.51 was fully compatible with 4th Wave PFI/Video. Turns out that only Hitachi iXtreme v1.51 will boot 4th Wave backups, and BenQ/LiteOn/Samsung iXtreme v1.51 will NOT boot 4th Wave. It would have been fully compatible if only the Video data had changed but not with the change in PFI (capacity). So currently the only safe option for booting 4th Wave backups on a BenQ/LiteOn/Samsung drive is to use iXtreme v1.6 and the one shot boot disc.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's an update on abgx360 that states that 1.51 should only be used on hitachi and that every other drive should be using 1.6.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Turns out that only Hitachi iXtreme v1.51 will boot 4th Wave backups
thats pretty lucky for me
grog.gif

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
You guys are all wrong. 1.51 does not check for security on Wave 3 games. 1.6 prevents you from loading an unsafe game, that's a feature not a glitch. So, if you want to play these Wave 4 games, use activate.iso instead of downgrading to an unsafe firmware!

Or wait until 1.7, which is the smart choice.

If you play these Wave 4 games, either downgrading or using activate.iso, you are NOT safe from the "banhammer". When you put a disc in your 360 that is not stealthed correctly , 1.6 blocks it, with activate.iso you are telling it to not care, and boot anyways! 1.51 boots no matter what for Wave 3 and 4, meaning if you get banned, don't blame iXtreme, blame yourselves.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Someone asked about checking what firmware you're on - the only way I know of is to plug it into a comp in 0800 mode. Then you'll be able to see the firmware operating (I noticed this on XBC but I'm sure IMGBurn will pick it up too, amongst other programs).

I've only tried this with Sammy and Benny drives though, not LiteOn or Hitachi.

EDIT: This will prolly only work with iX1.6 though. I don't think 1.51 even has 0800 mode.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually that could work Originality (if memory serves 1.6 was originally to be 1.5 with 0800 mode):
I am assuming people know if they have played a wave 3 game or not: narrowed to 1.51 or 1.6*

If you can get it in 0800 mode then you have 1.6 and if not 1.51.

Main problem I guess with this is that even if you did do "all" this you would have already done everything you need to do to flash it again anyway.

*if you are one of the people that modded to an even earlier firmware and patched to second wave without knowing it please exit stage left.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the new firmware update that will be coming out soon, I believe its 1.7..when it comes out, will I still be able to play all the burned games that I have. Just want to be sure that the new firmware update does not affect the games that I already have

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
I have a question about the new firmware update that will be coming out soon, I believe its 1.7..when it comes out, will I still be able to play all the burned games that I have. Just want to be sure that the new firmware update does not affect the games that I already have
You're talking about the dashboard updates right? If so, they have nothing to do with the hacked firmware your dvd drive has. It will not affect it.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:

If something works in 1.6, it will work fine in 1.7. No worries. I hope the new firmware comes out before Tekken 6 is out, i dont want to waste a blank on the boot disc!

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
So let me get this straight, if i have 1.51 i can still play wave 4 games...?
unsure.gif

i couldn't care less about Live.

No. 1.51 is only for Hitachi drives. Any other drive, you need 1.6 with the activate.iso or you wait it out until the new ixtreme firmware is released and do a reflash.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
Lakerfanalways said:

If something works in 1.6, it will work fine in 1.7. No worries. I hope the new firmware comes out before Tekken 6 is out, i dont want to waste a blank on the boot disc!

Great, thanks for the info. I guess I misunderstood the info about 1.6 when it came out(I am on 1.51) I had read something about if you upgrade to 1.6 that you have to reburn your games or something like that. I guess I did not understand what I was reading. As long as with the new firmware, I can still play the games I have burned til now, then I am happy. So I wouldn't have to update the games again when I put them back into the drive with the new firmware? I hope the new firmware comes out soon too, dont know if it will come out by next week for Tekken but no one knows if Tekken will be wave 4. I am noticing the wave 4 games are kiddie games like Cars O Rama and now with Bakugan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm