Hacking Configurable USB loader..problem with the channel..

Wiiman8709

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. here is my problem. I am running Configurable USB loader 50. I have everything up and running through Homebrew. All covers are there and the games work perfect. I wanted to add a configurable USB channel so i don't need to go through Homebrew. When i installed the wads for this. it just resets back to the wii menu. The Wad i used was USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad. Went through WAD Manager on hombrew to do this. I have never had this happen before. I read through about 150 posts on here and either i'm not understanding correctly or i'm just clueless. Anyway. I'm using 249 with Rev. 14. Do i need to upgrade to rev 15 or 16? I had this channel working before when i upgraded from 1.5 but it didn't give me all the options that the homebrew version did. I couldn't do all the 3d views and the alt.dol option wasn't on the menu as well. Thats why i deleted the channel and tried to reinstall it and now the channel doesn't work at all. Can anybody tell me what i need to do or what i'm missing?
Thanks in advance

P.S. I posted this in the CFG USB loader thread but i was afraid it would get lost in the shuffle before anybody would read it.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having similar issues. The 3D view is broken, it goes to some text, green bar, and freezes. Also, no forwarders have worked yet for me. Are you on 4.0 as well?

Wiiman8709

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberbdon said:
I'm having similar issues. The 3D view is broken, it goes to some text, green bar, and freezes. Also, no forwarders have worked yet for me. Are you on 4.0 as well?
nope. i'm on 3.2U. Mine is just re-setting to the Wii Menu. Its not freezing at all. I had the channel working at one time minus quite a few features and options. Only reason i deleted it was because i thought i must have had something screwed up for the options to be missing. Does anybody have an answer for this? Do i need to update to rev 15 or 16?

natisfynest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiman8709 said:
Mine is just re-setting to the Wii Menu. Its not freezing at all.

I have the same issue but im using neogamma and usb loader gx
wacko.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
natisfynest said:
Wiiman8709 said:

wacko.gif

that normally means the app isnt in the place where the forwarder is looking

natisfynest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
natisfynest said:
Wiiman8709 said:

wacko.gif

that normally means the app isnt in the place where the forwarder is looking

I don tunderstand I mean when I boot up it reads off my hd that the game is there but when I try to play the game it goes to a screen that says couldnt find "hacks.ini" on fat nor nand

Hell i'm getting so confused im tempted to delete it all and just buy games instead

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
thats a preloader error that means you dont have the hacks.ini on the SD, if you do your using a version of preloader that doesnt support SDHC cards, which has nothing to do with the thread in question

the OP describes a problem with a forwader returning to the SM which is related to not have the app in SD;/apps/usbloader_cfg/ and thinking he/she installed a channel but infact installed a forwarder(which is different, look it up)

natisfynest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
thats a preloader error that means you dont have the hacks.ini on the SD, if you do your using a version of preloader that doesnt support SDHC cards, which has nothing to do with the thread in question

the OP describes a problem with a forwader returning to the SM which is related to not have the app in SD;/apps/usbloader_cfg/ and thinking he/she installed a channel but infact installed a forwarder(which is different, look it up)

Ahhhhh I see

So does it have somethingto do with the game I dl'd because I just ripped a game I own and it works fine on all 3 loaders I have but the dl'd one doesnt

Sorry for using your thread OP

Wiiman8709

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:

No.. i have the configurable USB loader installed on my SD card in SDroot/Apps/USB loader 50. Now... as far as downloading a forwarder and a channel. maybe i have screwed something up there but i have done both and neither work. Do you have to manually go into USB loader and set the paths to find the channel?

Wiiman8709

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiman8709 said:
pepxl said:

No.. i have the configurable USB loader installed on my SD card in SDroot/Apps/USB loader 50. Now... as far as downloading a forwarder and a channel. maybe i have screwed something up there but i have done both and neither work. Do you have to manually go into USB loader and set the paths to find the channel?
Problem solved! Had the wrong path set up. Got to looking on my SD card and had my folder named USB Loader 50 in my apps folder and when i changed the folder name to usbloader_cfg it worked like a charm with all the extras including the 3d cover view! Thanks pepxl for the help!

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad to see you solved your problem! for some reason i tried that name and i still get a black screen after trying the forwarder

Wiiman8709

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberbdon said:
glad to see you solved your problem! for some reason i tried that name and i still get a black screen after trying the forwarder
Make sure the path is set up that way in USB loader as well. Go to the loader via Homebrew...look in options and make sure the path is set up that way. Hope you get it to work.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiman8709 said:
uberbdon said:
Make sure the path is set up that way in USB loader as well. Go to the loader via Homebrew...look in options and make sure the path is set up that way. Hope you get it to work.

what is the path to your 3d covers?

Wiiman8709

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberbdon said:
Wiiman8709 said:
uberbdon said:

what is the path to your 3d covers?
SDroot/USB Loader/Covers/3D Covers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: