Hacking Configurable USB Loader - Problem with MH3 & ToS:DotNW Custom

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone.

I finally start using one USB drive with my Wii, and after some tests I choose Configurable USB Loader to play my games via USB. I'm almost totally satisfied with it, but I have one problem:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Custom NTSC Version - With Japanese Voices)

When I boot the game I just got a Black Screen, my Wiimote lights turn off, and I need to power off my Wii.

The game plays well using the Disc Channel!

My Wii Configuration:
-Wiikey with Last Update (I dont think it's really important in this question)
-cIOSX rev19

I dont have the Hermes cIOS installed.

I would like to boot this game using the Configurable USB Loader. Thanks for the attention.

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't know about Tales of Symphonia, but Monster Hunter Tri has been discussed a thousand times: Install a cIOS with IOS37 as base. Then setup CFG Loader to use that cIOS to load the game.

Also: This belongs in the Backup Loaders section.

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not sure about ToS either. I have just the regular NTSC version and it runs fine with no options set. With MH3 I just installed Hermes 222/223 and use that ios to load it. Works perfect.

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mattesno1, thanks for the attention, but can you tell me where I can get the cIOS i need? I'm a little noob in this ...

About the section, i wasn't paying attention. sorry for that
frown.gif

h0ser81, I already think installing the Hermes cIOS, but I'm a little afraid installing it when I need to select where to install it. I'm afraid I messed up with cIOS rev19. Can you help me?!

About ToS, I thought this Custom NTSC version have some difference ... after installing hermes cIOS, I would try to boot using it.

Thanks for the attention anyway, and sorry for my English
unsure.gif

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok TRushInfo ... I already know that, but it's easier to me asking directly. Sorry about the new thread, but when I made it, it wasn't to spam the forum.

About Hermes IOS, I already have Waninkoko cIOS 19 installed in IOS249 ... when installing Hermes cIOS I have any risk of messing up the Waninkoko cIOS installation?! I saw that Hermes installation do something with IOS249 ... so I have some doubts and afraid of installing Hermes cIOS.

Sorry for anything it wasnt with bad intentions.

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the attention, but I've already understand that I need Hermes cIOS v4, my only doubt is towards the fact that I have already installed Waninkoko cIOS 249.

Thanks anyway
wink.gif

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you obviously didnt even read it either. seeing as how it installs to 223 it wont affect anything in slot 249 obviously. you dont think anyone else has wanins cios sand hermes here?
someone comes up with a solution and you noobs fight it tooth and nail i swear.

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read it, but when I try to install it I have one option talking about IOS 249, and that's why I was afraid (like i said before).

Sorry for something again, I wont talk more about this and I will change the topic if ToS doesnt work. If it works using Hermes cIOS I will close this thread (if I can).

Other thing, it's not being rude you can help someone (anyway you really helped me and thanks for that). I was educated all the time, not because I was afraid or something else, but that's the way I've been raised.

Yes, I'm a noob, but nobody born knowing everything. Before make fun of a noob, remember that noob could help you in other different situation making you the noob.

Sorry for my English again, and Thanks for the Help.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tos you say works fine thru disc channel but black screen on usb? try re ripping blackscreen usually means bad rip.

Im only rude because since mh3 came out in japanese there were a million threads, then it came to us n uk and another million threads, and no matter what you think, your situation is not special. But everyone seems to think that it is. Its obvious that most people have waninkokos cios installed to slot249, thats why hermes installs to slot 222 or 223 or W/E. then a few noobs say to themelves, oh thats got nothing to do with me ive got gamecube ports on MY wii, or MY WII has a sticker on the side so its different, better make a new thread. the best gbatemp user has a ZERO post count

edit: assholes tend to have 800 some posts

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to tell you that everything is fixes
biggrin.gif

MH3 Works great with Hermes cIOS V4, and to run ToS I needed to choose "Force NTSC" option.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc