Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
A strange thing I came across and tried it with my friends and they accepted.
Do this:
1.) Take a cd/dvd that has a hole in the middle. (dont think)
2.) Now look through the hole to an image that is high quality preferably on HD screens.
3.) Notice a single spot for accuracy and compare it without looking through the cd and you will see the difference

Its probably because the light is concentrated better or something but its quite awesome. Tell me if you see it... the image not the hole.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I was wondering what this would be about. Turns out it's just an optical illusion. The light you see will be 99% the same (1% variance for light waves bending around the DVD) - it's just your eye(s) that see it different due to limited exposure.

Also, if you're looking through a DVD and one eye is stronger than the other (like mine, and most people)....... Of course it'll look clearer.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...isn't it because by limiting what you actually see you are more capable to focus your eye on a given point?

Some doctors wear a similar contraption, but beats me how it's called - a silver circle with a hole in the middle.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Remember the eye consists if a lense and an array of sensors (rods and cones). Limiting the field of vision does not increase focus, that's the illusion. It removes unnecessary input (e.g. Peripheral vision) which means less information sent to the brain which means it's easier to interpret.

I could get into more detail about how the eye works (or, as it were, doesn't work - lots of misconceptions in public knowledge), but it's not necessary. Just think of other optical illusions.

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i agree its an illusion and there is no concentration. infact even if look at the whole screen thru the hole it will look clear. maybe its a good illusion.
its not about the one eye being sharper since i use the same eye for viewing with and without the cd.

its like doing an eye test where u concentrate on the letters only

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things