jinqui242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asylum119 said:
jinqui242 said:
It works exactly the same in Snow Leopard.

Regarding Snow Leopard
Every time after a add iso is complete Finder detects a non readable drive
This results with WBFS for mac x freezing
And time to force quit and restart WBFS all over again
Its running in single transfer mode, crash mode

Maybe i am the only person that is having this issue
Or maybe most people don't wish to sign up to leave a comment
Whichever the case Im not a happy camper
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Not sure what single transfer mode is. I had a similar problem like that with regular Leopard, but it hasn't happened in awhile. I would get spinning beach ball and then it wouldn't even quit fully, so I had to force shutdown my Mac. Maybe format your USB drive with USB Loader and try again?

chrissou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello i'm a french user on mac os X snow leopard.
i'm trying to use WBFS Gui on my mybookpro but it didn't work on firewire port (work with usb).
But wbfs on command line work with my firewire port.
Is the GUI incompatible with firewire ?

Thanks a lot

MacGnG

Trophies
Website
www.MacGnG.com
XP
Country
United States
chrissou said:
Hello i'm a french user on mac os X snow leopard.
i'm trying to use WBFS Gui on my mybookpro but it didn't work on firewire port (work with usb).
But wbfs on command line work with my firewire port.
Is the GUI incompatible with firewire ?

Thanks a lot

how would you use the firewire with the wii???

4ltrv1sm0

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am on 10.4 OSX, and I thought Im not the only one. Ive made a simple command line interface to help using wbfs a little bit.

For if it can helps anybody else, I leave it here with source code also.

capturawbfseng.jpg

Zip here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SY4I6LD2

Bye!

drh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Late arrival to this thread, but I'd like to thank Darkten (who sounds familiar from the iPhone scene) and others involved with this app.

It works great and enables me to still avoid having to run any Windows emulation for a single requirement which is great!

I have just added my entire ISO collection to a drive and used the command line version to rename some of the stupid (un-useful) file names that exist on some titles.

I have found its quite hard to come into something that is already well established, its hard to know what info is old and which stuff you should be using and what is out of date etc, much easier when your in at the beginning, because all info is learned in order, and your aware of what becomes redundant.

Anyway after about a 2 weeks of reading and learning, I have got to grips with things. I now have a great configuration of an auto-booting WiiFlow system , safe updated to that latest menu system4.2e with full compatibility with all games with minimal custom IOS and other useful stuff like a backup of my NAND. If you like command line tools, or would just like a lot more power than dragging and dropping, you should also checkout Wiimm's wbfs tools, its cross platform compatible (OSX, Linux oh and Windoz) see in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182236

This info might be useful to some other newcomers to stop them thinking they were going crazy!

Oh and one other tip to any newcomers, I also had real trouble getting WBFS for Mac to recognise the drive, I followed all the formatting tips etc, in the end, I got it recognised by making sure the drive was not mounted in the OSX file system!

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
drh said:
Oh and one other tip to any newcomers, I also had real trouble getting WBFS for Mac to recognise the drive, I followed all the formatting tips etc, in the end, I got it recognised by making sure the drive was not mounted in the OSX file system!

Please elaborate as disk utility cannot even see the drive.

drh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you formatted (initialised) the drive with WBFS?

You might find it easier to do this on the Wii through the USB Loader, don't be alarmed when it happens in seconds, thats normal.

Diskutil should see the drive though. Once you have the drive formatted as WBFS, "WBFS for Mac" should recognise the drive.

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Can someone tell me, in a succinct post, what this thing needs to do? I'll see about fixing it but to be honest, Ive not used the tool for many moons as well, I don't need to plug a drive up to my Mac much to manage it. Whenever I get new games, they come out of the box, onto the drive, then the original is put away.

d10

Posts merged

drh said:
Late arrival to this thread, but I'd like to thank Darkten (who sounds familiar from the iPhone scene) and others involved with this app.

Yeah, same. That would be me
smile.gif

drh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
darkten said:
Ok. Can someone tell me, in a succinct post, what this thing needs to do? I'll see about fixing it but to be honest, Ive not used the tool for many moons as well, I don't need to plug a drive up to my Mac much to manage it. Whenever I get new games, they come out of the box, onto the drive, then the original is put away.

d10

Posts merged

drh said:

smile.gif

Hi Darkten,
I doub't you'll recognise me, but I was on the iPhone IRC scene right at the very beginning and did live testing of one of the first Dev Team s/w unlocks in #iphone, along with the hardware unlock devised by Gray, actioned by geohot on the other channel etc.

Anyways, back to the subject, WBFS for MAC works fine for me as it currently stands, however I do use command line tools to rename and do other stuff.

I would personally like to see the GUI switch to using Wiimm's tool set to be honest (instead of the current WBFS tool compiled for Mac).
Wiimm is doing a lot of work on this cross platform compatible tool at the moment and seems to be pretty much ready to add any functionality anyone can think of in a very speedy fashion too!

It does some fantastically powerful stuff compared to the wbfs tool.
It still uses the WBFS format, but can store the files in ISO, WBFS or WFD format (which I prefer) for better file sizing.
This tool even fixes some bugs in the libraries that wbfs uses that still cause errors in the partitions today.

Thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182236

This is a great tool, well worth a look :-)

deo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello darkten,

darkten said:

I really enjoy your original work on the "WBFS GUI Manager for Mac OS X" and I second drh on the move to use WWT as its underlying backend.

I think I already asked you about this in the past, but if you're willing to make this software open source, I'm sure lots of people will contribute with patches to improve its functionality and available features.

My go-open-source request here is just to avoid what happened to Windows, where we have a bazillion of different projects where people keep reinventing the wheel (basically competing for ego, I'd say...) instead of joining forces or at least contribute between these projects.

Talking about use cases now, the major one I want to see implemented is for when a friend comes to visit you with his external media (SD card, pendrive, HD, ...) and you want to either copy a few of your games to him, or copy games from him, or even prepare his media to be used by the existing USB loaders. This is specially true now that the usage of a plain FAT/NTFS filesystem for storing your games is becoming more and more common, and we need easy tools for migrate between different kinds of partitions (WBFS/FAT/NTFS) and formats (ISO/WBFS/WDF).

As you can see, this requires the need of something like multiple tabs (or another equivalent solution) and the ability to properly format devices.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with using command-line tools, it's just that I feel I can contribute, devoting several hours a week to help make this great application even better! :-)

--deo

Norkusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making this app. Saves me a lot of hassle from booting into XP whenever I want to transfer Wii games to my HDD.

Just one issue though but it's not really a big deal. The cover art downloads aren't working for me anymore. Getting a "failed to download cover art" every time I try. First 30 games I put onto my HDD had no issues with downloading it though. Is it some kind of glitch that prevents you from downloading cover art if there are more than 30 iso's loaded onto the hdd?

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an awesome ap, but since you're asking what needs improvement, I've found that whenever you sort the list of games, renaming stops working. It appears to rename the games, but the changes do not save. It only seems to happen after sorting the list. Also, sometimes after adding a few games, the number of games on the drive will jump or drop substantially and there will either be phantom additional titles or games missing. When I close and re open the app, everything is back to normal. Those are the only bugs I've noticed.

If by chance you were taking feature requests, then I would say the one thing missing from this app that has me booting over to windows is the ability to open up 2 drives and transfer games between them.

Still, great work on the app. It's nice to have a native mac osx wbfs manager.

jinqui242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd appreciate the ability to format a USB drive in the program. I also wonder if there would be a way for the program to scan an ISO before transfer and tell you the file size it will shrink to on the USB drive. That way you wouldn't have to estimate what will fit.

Thanks very much!

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkten said:

d10

WBFS Drive to WBFS Drive copying
Download covers from http://wiitdb.com
Compression estimate
Determine if enough space ahead of copy

Release the source so that others can make personal fixes. The fact that I had to use a hex editor to hack the app in order to allow download from WiiTDB is just silly.

pmasterkim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
4ltrv1sm0 said:
Hi, I am on 10.4 OSX, and I thought Im not the only one. Ive made a simple command line interface to help using wbfs a little bit.

For if it can helps anybody else, I leave it here with source code also.

capturawbfseng.jpg

Zip here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SY4I6LD2

Bye!

Hi, I tried using the 10.4 command line interface, but when trying to put iso files on my drive (disk1s1) I get the error that it can't find /dev/wbfs_orginal

Have I missed a step? Thanks

ps, since posting I translated the readme (spanish) and it mentions that it cannot be on a path with special characters. As far as I know it is not (unless capitals are special characters???)

Monotremata

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pmasterkim said:
Hi, I tried using the 10.4 command line interface, but when trying to put iso files on my drive (disk1s1) I get the error that it can't find /dev/wbfs_orginal

Have I missed a step? Thanks

ps, since posting I translated the readme (spanish) and it mentions that it cannot be on a path with special characters. As far as I know it is not (unless capitals are special characters???)

When I try to format my drive using the front end, I get the following errors myself:

sh: line 1: /Applications/0.11-wbfs_OSX10.4_4ltrv1sm0: No such file or directory
sh: line 1: /Applications/0.11-wbfs_OSX10.4_4ltrv1sm0: cannot execute: No such file or directory

Press enter to return to menu...

Cant get any farther than that. If I put in a drive that was already formatted to WBFS, the tool can work with it fine.. But I have a brand new drive Im trying to format on my Mac this time, and well Im dead in the water..

I get this for pretty much anything on the menu except for changing which disk/partition Im looking at.

The regular old command line wbfs works just fine though.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
darkten said:

d10

Posts merged

drh said:

smile.gif

firstly there are some bugs

clicking on some games (on mine anyway) causes it to crash. this is reproducible as its always the same games, some of which have been on almost from the start and some of which are new. the games work fine on the wii, and i can delete them from there, so the only time it has annoyed me was when i wanted to extract some games for a friend.

the list quite often shows duplicate games, not sure if its just a cosmetic issue.....

direct drive to drive copying would be great and converting to .wbfs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu