Hacking Compiling WBFS on Mac OS X

phreakymonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first 10-20 games, I could rename just fine, but suddenly the new names stopped sticking. Every time I remount the drive they revert back to what they were before. There's a workaround for the Ultimate USB Loader to use custom names specified in a config file, but that's a pain in the ass. A couple of other people have mentioned this, so it seems to either be a bug with the app or a bug with WBFS itself.

Barbapapa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
phreakymonkey said:
For the first 10-20 games, I could rename just fine, but suddenly the new names stopped sticking. Every time I remount the drive they revert back to what they were before. There's a workaround for the Ultimate USB Loader to use custom names specified in a config file, but that's a pain in the ass. A couple of other people have mentioned this, so it seems to either be a bug with the app or a bug with WBFS itself.

Some people report renaming works if you DO NOT CHANGE THE SORT ORDER of the games. After you sort them, and then rename, renaming doesnt stick for me.
If I do not re-sort the games and just keep the list as is and scroll to the appropriate game, renaming does work sometimes, or so I understand from these threads. I didnt bother testing it anymore and just kept the names as they appeared.

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all,
i'm at the final hurdle (i think) i'm using WBFS 1.2 to create the HBC channel folders but where do they go on my SD card? and what program do i use (if i need one at all) to create the game channels. I've tried putting the folders in the apps folder on my SD card hoping that i could run the boot.dol files from within HBC but that isn't working.

All my games work with the exception of Deadly creatures. It works with my disk in ( i think it needs an ISO22 or something)
i would just like to launch the games from the will menu screen and not have to go inside the HBC app.
Thanks for any help

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh it seems that the WBES gui puts the game in the HBC menu. I thought it put them on the wii menu screen.

Is there a mac application to do this or get the .wad from the iso?

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
Im having some really shitty problems and i really don´t know why. Don´t know if its best put here, but as is WBFS and OSX related, i give it a shot.
The problem is that i can´t install some games and it seems completly random. When i try to install a "Incompatible game" WBFS simply loads it for a second and then creates a duplicate entry for another game in the gamelist. The only connection that i can make for which games that work or not are that when i try to mount them, it says "Permission Denied" where as the working games says "No mountable file systems" and it all seems to be newer titles.

Other then that it seems to be no real connection. I can for example install Punch Out and Pikmin 2, but not Boom Blox 2, EA Active, Donkey Kong and others. Does anyone have a clue what may be causing this?

I use WBFS For OSX on a first generation Macbook 1,83ghz with 2 gig ram with Leopard installed. The hardrive is a WD Passport Essential and running with different loaders on the wii. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the "permission denied" error with the NTSC Punch Out ISO. i checked the file and for some reason the ISO was read only. I amended the permissions on the file to be the same as other ISO's i had working and all was OK.

Hope this helps.

joshysquashy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bi99uy said:
Im having some really shitty problems and i really don´t know why. Don´t know if its best put here, but as is WBFS and OSX related, i give it a shot.
The problem is that i can´t install some games and it seems completly random. When i try to install a "Incompatible game" WBFS simply loads it for a second and then creates a duplicate entry for another game in the gamelist. The only connection that i can make for which games that work or not are that when i try to mount them, it says "Permission Denied" where as the working games says "No mountable file systems" and it all seems to be newer titles.

Other then that it seems to be no real connection. I can for example install Punch Out and Pikmin 2, but not Boom Blox 2, EA Active, Donkey Kong and others. Does anyone have a clue what may be causing this?

I use WBFS For OSX on a first generation Macbook 1,83ghz with 2 gig ram with Leopard installed. The hardrive is a WD Passport Essential and running with different loaders on the wii. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is definitely a permissions issue. Use "Get Info" to check you have permission to read and write to the file, and change it if necessary.

Picture_1.png

alfsoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi all! I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.6 Leopard with Russian language. And have a strange problem with WBFS for Mac OS X.
I start the app and if my wbfs-formatted USB drive is connected, the app finds it, lists all the ISOs on it. BUT!
When I click "Add ISO", or "Delete Game" or any other comand related with wbfs-formatted disk activity, the application shows me this:
83925215.png

and the USB disk disconnects until I click "Scan for Drive".
The older version of this application worked OK. What shoul I do to correct this? Thank you!

Zeep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tps2d said:
smk2: Sounds like your drive may be Apple Partition Map or GUID partitioned if you needed to use MacDrive to even see it. Neither of these will work very well with USBLoader.

Plug your drive into your Mac, open Disk Utility and select the drive itself (not the partition). Go to the Partition tab, set it to 1 partition and hit the "Options" button. Make sure it's MBR formatted and then set it it partition the drive as MS-DOS (FAT).

Then plug the drive into your Wii and use USBLoader to format it properly for WBFS.

TheOtherMii: Make sure you're using /dev/rdiskXsY instead of /dev/diskXsY .. For example: /dev/disk2s1 = slow, /dev/rdisk2s1 = crazy fast.
I'm having a similar problem as smk2. When I try to format the drive with USB Loader v1.5 it gives me the message

"ERROR: No partitions found! (ret = -6)"

I followed the instructions in tps2d posted for formatting with Disk Utility but I keep getting the same error message. Any advice? I'm using an old 40GB Seagate HDD and a 2007 MacBook Pro running 10.5.7.

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
alfsoft said:
Hi all! I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.6 Leopard with Russian language. And have a strange problem with WBFS for Mac OS X.
I start the app and if my wbfs-formatted USB drive is connected, the app finds it, lists all the ISOs on it. BUT!
When I click "Add ISO", or "Delete Game" or any other comand related with wbfs-formatted disk activity, the application shows me this:
83925215.png

The older version of this application worked OK. What shoul I do to correct this? Thank you!

I once heard a story. A man took his computer into the local teh stoe and said "help me, help me! everytime i hit the enter key, it crashes the system." You know what the clerk said? "Stop hitting the enter key."

My point is go back to the previous version that worked, if you already know that it worked.

alfsoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QKid
Thanks for such a beautiful story
rofl.gif
That was very helpful
smile.gif

The old version worked very... Very slowly! So I downloaded the source of wbfs and compiled it myself. Now I use console application that works quick like a flash.

aniComplex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm trying to format my drive as WBFS on OS X 10.5.7 and I'm having some problems with the Terminal stuff.

Thats as far as I got. The disk was formatted as FAT before and I knew this was bad, but tried WBFS anyway. Terminal just hung after I hit enter on the command to format. I couldn't access it as if it were doing something, but I waited a long time and nothing changed.

As of now, I have the disk partitioned as one partition, all free space. Unfortunately, Disk Utility won't show me any partitions and in Terminal, it only yields "disk1" instead of "disk1sX" so I'm not sure what to do from here.

Thanks a lot for any help!

psinka

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
alfsoft said:
83925215.png

???? ?????? ?????????? ? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ????????, ?? ???????? ??? ???? ??????????? ????????? ?? ?????????? ? ??? ??????????. ? ???? ??? ???????? ?? ??? ??????, ? ??????? ??? ??? ????? ? ?? ?????????...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1