Hacking Compiling WBFS on Mac OS X

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkten said:
feidhlim1986 said:
Also does it let you edit the filenames so "SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION" can be renamed Wii Sports.wbfsdvd

No. WBFS doesn't support this.
In fact it does, it is just not implemented in the wbfs tool but the filesystem supports it. You just need to change the names in the discs header.

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a first generation intel macbook. I'm using the factory install of OS 10.4 (Tiger). I have no idea what XCode is, so it's probably not installed. What is the BSD subsystem and could I do a separate install?

ast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
cp: ../boot.dol: No such file or directory
cp: ../icon.png: No such file or directory

is the mkhbc command broken in the mac port from this thread or do I need additional stuff?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
ast said:
QUOTE said:
cp: ../boot.dol: No such file or directory
cp: ../icon.png: No such file or directory

is the mkhbc command broken in the mac port from this thread or do I need additional stuff?
Run it in a directory with boot.dol and icon.png from the source directory. This way it copies both files to each directory making em bootable from hbc. YAL does by standard check the current pathname when run for the game id. This way, the same binary is used for all; it's basically a modded version of softchip.

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone, please, how can I install the BSD subsystem? I have all my disks here.

Oh. I know what I did, thanks to some searching. I uninstalled all my .pkg files to free up some space. I thought that they just held the update files that I downloaded because they had similar names to updates and that once the update was installed as it were, I could delete them. I guess not. Going to fix that now.

EDIT:

DID NOT FIX. Still saying the same thing after I reinstalled BSD.pkg. When I run libsystem.b.dylib in terminal, it says:

~ psyck0$ /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib; exit
-bash: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib: Bad executable (or shared library)
logout

Help?

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for this to release, it's so sexy
smile.gif

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psyck0 said:
Anyone, please, how can I install the BSD subsystem? I have all my disks here.

Oh. I know what I did, thanks to some searching. I uninstalled all my .pkg files to free up some space. I thought that they just held the update files that I downloaded because they had similar names to updates and that once the update was installed as it were, I could delete them. I guess not. Going to fix that now.

EDIT:

DID NOT FIX. Still saying the same thing after I reinstalled BSD.pkg. When I run libsystem.b.dylib in terminal, it says:

~ psyck0$ /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib; exit
-bash: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib: Bad executable (or shared library)
logout

Help?

I'm sure we all compiled this using 10.5 (Leopard). It might not be compatible with 10.4's libraries. I don't have any 10.4 machines to test it on right now, but I'll try to track one down.

DaFrigN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>PPC or Intel?

So I'm guessing that the compiled version here is not a universal binary?
If it's Intel only, can someone please compile and post for PPC Based Macs?
My backup mac/server/DL/burn box at home is an old G4 and don't want install the OSX Dev tools.

BTW, I was planning to make a GUI for this in AppleScript+XCode or Runtime Revolution (then it could be cross platform), but FUSE/MacFUSE support would be MUCH better (and also crossplatform? If not then maybe the MacFUSE-WBSF effort could be opened up to support FUSE on other platforms?)

Thanks.

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you compiled on Leopard, that might explain it. I read on one site something about it being an incompatibility between older and newer programs. Can you tell me how to compile the source myself? Where IS the source?

om_nous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let you guys know we did not forget about you! We stepped away from the MacFUSE route, it just wasn't working well with the adding/extracting so we started with a new GUI...

Anyways here is a sneak peek, it should be finished soon
smile.gif

picture93c4b8.png

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...so that you all wouldn't think we were pulling your lariat...an update:

Plan One sucked ass
smile.gif
We had to do a couple of things to "make it kinda work" with the Finder integration and it was just not MacOS X-like...

So we've ripped it apart and built the thing as an App instead.

Don't worry, it is still not sucky. We may have a sort of pre-release this evening. No data is lost, nothing bad like that. We're just Mac Programmers and are making a (mostly) proper MacOS X app
smile.gif

It is presently "my shift" and I've got a bit of stuff to do, more User-Friendly to add, etc.

We're on the job guys.

+d10

FOUNTAINEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i haven't even twilight hacked my wii. Just scoping the option and info before i do so. I have a mac so all this info is good.

my question is if the original is ripped using either windows app or this soon to be released mac os x app does it have to be pached in any way to be played on a soft mod?

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
darkten said:
feidhlim1986 said:
Also does it let you edit the filenames so "SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION" can be renamed Wii Sports.wbfsdvd

No. WBFS doesn't support this.
In fact it does, it is just not implemented in the wbfs tool but the filesystem supports it. You just need to change the names in the discs header.

Sou ka?

Hrm...I wonder...I may be able to toss that in there....probably after we get this thing out the door. And "changing the names in the header" isn't exactly a "filesystem-level" support option...nonetheless I'll give it a look-see
smile.gif

1d10 + coffee

eddanx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@darkten / @om_nous: Looks really great, hitting refresh until I need to go to bed
smile.gif

Btw, are you still using the wbfs binary for this? As I submitted the changes we did to make it compile and run on Mac to kwiik, I've received the latest revision of the tool from him. Afaics, not much has changed, so you can rest assured you don't have to do much to support the wbfs tool 1.01, 1.1 or whatever it will be
smile.gif

om_nous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eddanx said:
@darkten / @om_nous: Looks really great, hitting refresh until I need to go to bed
smile.gif

Btw, are you still using the wbfs binary for this? As I submitted the changes we did to make it compile and run on Mac to kwiik, I've received the latest revision of the tool from him. Afaics, not much has changed, so you can rest assured you don't have to do much to support the wbfs tool 1.01, 1.1 or whatever it will be
smile.gif

Yes we are using a slightly modified version of the binary, is this latest source posted somewhere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's mind control Ken the lights combined with subliminal voices
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hear voices now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    stop calling 1-800- imaginary friends
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I have imaginary enemies
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Siri make the voices stop telling me to put peanut butter on the neighbors car
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't forget to initial it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    peanut butter + BMW make excellent sandwich la
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elon told me not to give my electric dog peanut butter
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    ya, that's bad, don't want the mut to have explosive diarrea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Robots can shit now clean that up
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    do those vacuum cleaner bots even do anything than letting cats have free rides?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They suck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    mine cant even get on a simple flat carpet, totally wasted my money
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only helps the cat do spins around the room
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i have a mind putting the cat on dinner duty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I recommend getting a treadmill for cats
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me cat probably wont ever use it, furrball aint ever home, always somewhere down the street, looking for females, even named it ''Chad''
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm shocked a usb A port
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 don't seem much different from last year'
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    3gb ram Mali-G31 MP2 could be decent for ps1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that gave me a MMI error
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm just tired of all the useless windows updates that keeps bogging my pc down whenever i wanna use it, useless AI crap
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: I'm just tired of all the useless windows updates that keeps bogging my pc down whenever i wanna...