Homebrew Coldboot rxTools without having to reinstall rxTools?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 9.2 and I've installed rxTools.
I'd rather not go through the tedious process of trying to reinstall rxTools, so is there a way I can keep it and still coldboot? Perhaps there is a thread on this already you could link me to?

Also, I have homemenuhax if that helps :P

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get ctrBootmanager and have that auto run by installing menuhax on sysnand and having that auto boot ctrbootmanager by changing ctrbootmanager.3dsx to boot.3dsx

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So you're either using CTRbootmanager or booting from the homebrew menu, right?
Rename your current boot.3dsx, get the rxtools.3dsx, rename that to boot.3dsx and put it on the root of your SD card

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get ctrBootmanager and have that auto run by installing menuhax on sysnand and having that auto boot ctrbootmanager by changing ctrbootmanager.3dsx to boot.3dsx
Is there a thread I can look at for that? Maybe a youtube video? I feel like I'd screw up something if I only looked at your comment

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er.. ctrbootmanager comes with boot.3dsx and boot.cfg. Do you mean he should rename his current smea's HBlauncher boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're either using CTRbootmanager or booting from the homebrew menu, right?
Rename your current boot.3dsx, get the rxtools.3dsx, rename that to boot.3dsx and put it on the root of your SD card
And I just hold L when booting the 3DS if I want to get into rxTools?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er.. ctrbootmanager comes with boot.3dsx and boot.cfg. Do you mean he should rename his current smea's HBlauncher boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx?
Yes, you are correct. Its been a while since I looked at the names.

Is there a thread I can look at for that? Maybe a youtube video? I feel like I'd screw up something if I only looked at your comment
If you mess something up it is fine, just reload smea's starter pack and try again.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you are correct. Its been a while since I looked at the names.

If you mess something up it is fine, just reload smea's starter pack and try again.
I've just done that, and its giving me a red screen thats flashing multiple times

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning