Hacking Coding vWii 3-core support - everything you need to know.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You misunderstand.
What you mean by google translate ?

c'mon my english is not that bad and you stay in your position by saying this, like i said, don't judge too fast.
the Wii U is more than enough powerful for the future games but the dev problem came from the difference of architecture, that's why some of them forget about work on the kit dev Wii U, it would be more easy for them to work on X86 than PPC (commercial time).

Actually it is not a waste of money or dumb to run on 3cores -> a point start.
I'm not trying to say, i'm saying that the P7 on Wii U is a six-core, i probably know more than certain people by working with some of this company.

It was never a rumor, IBM/Nintendo decided to keep the information to prevent any problem in the future execution that all.

@Comex

Keep talking man, all the blabla behind your work, it is not the first time and doesn't look like the last time
if you want to help them, help them or keep walking
anyway you should have more time for playing with the PS4/Next XBOX an co.. No ? don't be lazy
Not sure what position I'm in? But anyway the main problem is you come in this thread and start squawking about a dev problem, which has nothing to do with this thread. This is not a developing for Wii U and the problems with doing so thread. Go learn english a little better and when you come back, open your own thread on your IBM/Nintendo conspiracy theories.

Kdonix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure what position I'm in? But anyway the main problem is you come in this thread and start squawking about a dev problem, which has nothing to do with this thread. This is not a developing for Wii U and the problems with doing so thread. Go learn english a little better and when you come back, open your own thread on your IBM/Nintendo conspiracy theories.

By judging people maybe ? should i said go learn another language than English too ?
I said also where to look. I was not only talking about the dev problem, go read again and learn.
Do you know what ASM is about ? You should start by making a right disassembler before checking the assembler, you don't even know where to go with the ASM and you think that is easy to learn a assembly, think about please.

I don't point any conspiracy theories, i'm saying the fact, have a difference between discover something and making something.

Anyway i saw that i'm not welcome in here, sorry to disturb your ego with fact/reality
good bye

Reactions: ddrrmm

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can see them using a 6 core CPU and locking out 3 cores for stability sake. It's not the first time that a company has done this. AMD sold 4 core CPU's as 2 and 3 core units because they couldn't get them within the fault range running all 4 cores so they locked out 1 or 2 cores and sold them at a lower price rather than taking a complete loss. People even found ways to unlock the other cores. Once this caught on then the prices for those CPU's rose to almost match the same price as the 4 core units.

Maybe the Wii U runs too hot running all 6 cores seeing how everything is cramped in so tight. Maybe this guy is full of crap. I don't know but the idea is most definitely plausible.

Reactions: kp_centi

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By judging people maybe ? should i said go learn another language than English too ?
I said also where to look. I was not only talking about the dev problem, go read again and learn.
Do you know what ASM is about ? You should start by making a right disassembler before checking the assembler, you don't even know where to go with the ASM and you think that is easy to learn a assembly, think about please.

I don't point any conspiracy theories, i'm saying the fact, have a difference between discover something and making something.
lol. You can say learn another language other than english, but its not happening. I'm not judging your lack of knowing the english language, but I am judging your so called fact. The Wii U does not have a 6 core processor, so thats not fact. It has a 3 core processor, which is a fact. I know what ASM is about. lol. I didn't say it was easy, and it was based off what Marcan posted which he did have the right disassembler as you put it.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see them using a 6 core CPU and locking out 3 cores for stability sake. It's not the first time that a company has done this. AMD sold 4 core CPU's as 2 and 3 core units because they couldn't get them within the fault range running all 4 cores so they locked out 1 or 2 cores and sold them at a lower price rather than taking a complete loss. People even found ways to unlock the other cores. Once this caught on then the prices for those CPU's rose to almost match the same price as the 4 core units.

Maybe the Wii U runs too hot running all 6 cores seeing how everything is cramped in so tight. Maybe this guy is full of crap. I don't know but the idea is most definitely plausible.
The Wii U is definitely underclocked, because it should be in the 3.0+ range and isn't even close. Maybe thats for heat and stuff idk, but why would they pick the 6 core version of that cpu instead of the 4 core version that is already way more power then they need/use.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii U is definitely underclocked, because it should be in the 3.0+ range and isn't even close. Maybe thats for heat and stuff idk, but why would they pick the 6 core version of that cpu instead of the 4 core version that is already way more power then they need/use.

Maybe IBM had a bunch of these chips like the AMD situation? Or maybe ninty was planning ahead (ie the console has a lifespan of 10 years so they thought they would need the extra power down the road). I have no clue and I tend to think that if this was actually the case then Marcan would have noticed this when he mapped out the die.

I only said it was plausible, never said it was reality.

EDIT: d'oh sven ninja'd me

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe IBM had a bunch of these chips like the AMD situation? Or maybe ninty was planning ahead (ie the console has a lifespan of 10 years so they thought they would need the extra power down the road). I have no clue and I tend to think that if this was actually the case then Marcan would have noticed this when he mapped out the die.

I only said it was plausible, never said it was reality.

EDIT: d'oh sven ninja'd me
lol. I understand what you were saying though.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I don't understand is why these F0F guys keep coming in here and bashing on the guys actually trying to do something. I mean sven actually posted some useful info on which direction they should be going but the whole tone of his and marcan's posts is "you guys are all idiots" which is extremely unfair, demeaning, totally unnecessary and petty.

Maybe they are and maybe this won't lead anywhere but also maybe, being new to it, they will notice something a more seasoned person would over-look because it's just simply too simple for them to think about. Maybe they'll be able to generate enough buzz to get someone who actually knows this stuff to work on it. Whatever the case may be, there is no need to bash on someone for trying. If these F0F guys are so threatened by this then maybe they should pick up the ball they themselves dropped and finish what they started OR help one of these guys out here by PM if they can't do it publicly. Everyone has to start somewhere and even these F0F guys had someone doing a lot of "hand-holding" when they first started out. The attitude they are displaying here is so 1990's it's not funny.

They have an opportunity to teach and to be mentors here but I guess it's just easier to make someone else feel insignificant rather than to help them. There is a name for people like this but I don't think I'm allowed to say it here.

Reactions: Slimmmmmm

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't understand is why these F0F guys keep coming in here and bashing on the guys actually trying to do something. I mean sven actually posted some useful info on which direction they should be going but the whole tone of his and marcan's posts is "you guys are all idiots" which is extremely unfair, demeaning, totally unnecessary and petty.

Maybe they are and maybe this won't lead anywhere but also maybe, being new to it, they will notice something a more seasoned person would over-look because it's just simply too simple for them to think about. Maybe they'll be able to generate enough buzz to get someone who actually knows this stuff to work on it. Whatever the case may be, there is no need to bash on someone for trying. If these F0F guys are so threatened by this then maybe they should pick up the ball they themselves dropped and finish what they started OR help one of these guys out here by PM if they can't do it publicly. Everyone has to start somewhere and even these F0F guys had someone doing a lot of "hand-holding" when they first started out. The attitude they are displaying here is so 1990's it's not funny.

They have an opportunity to teach and to be mentors here but I guess it's just easier to make someone else feel insignificant rather than to help them. There is a name for people like this but I don't think I'm allowed to say it here.
I think sven is part of fail0verflow btw. I could be wrong though. But his attitude could be labeled as the same as the others. If you wanna go that route. :P

Crewman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
- How to tell how much memory the current IOS is taking up and what the start and end of that memory area is (to avoid overwriting it.)

I think I have the answer to this problem, not sure if you need it any more, because the mini supports many low level drivers.
Only the IOS the app is loaded with is copied into RAM.
The RAM used by this IOS is defined as two 4byte values at 0x80003130, the first 4bytes define the start address and the last 4bytes the end address of the RAM allocated by the system.

Reactions: Maxternal

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think sven is part of fail0verflow btw. I could be wrong though. But his attitude could be labeled as the same as the others. If you wanna go that route. :P

Yes, I include him in that. I said while he offered some tips, his attitude is the same.

I mean it's the equivalent of a child saying "I know something you don't know. nah, nah, nah, nah, nah" Extremely childish behavior IMHO.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Maxternal and whoever else, you should check out the post sven made in the Linux thread. He has it broken down in steps what needs to be done and even gives you some help. Also I think everyone should try to chill on giving f0f grief about everything. They are trying to help.

Reactions: the_randomizer

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I include him in that. I said while he offered some tips, his attitude is the same.

I mean it's the equivalent of a child saying "I know something you don't know. nah, nah, nah, nah, nah" Extremely childish behavior IMHO.
Oh I thought you were excluding him and using him in your argument. My bad. Either way not sure what good it would be to alienate them and lose there help. Anyway I'm done posting in these threads I've spammed them up wayyy to much already. Good luck guys.:)

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I thought you were excluding him and using him in your argument. My bad. Either way not sure what good it would be to alienate them and lose there help.

Not trying to alienate anyone, just pointing out that their attitude outright stinks and obviously everyone kissing their respective asses hasn't gotten anyone anywhere beside boosting their already inflated egos (this last one is strictly based on the attitude displayed here).

If they want to help, that is awesome. If not, that is fine as well, however there is no need for them to come here and dump all over the guys that are trying to learn this stuff and work their way through it. I never understood this "holier than thou" attitude that people get when they are more knowledgeable on a topic than someone else and I don't just mean F0F, I mean in general.

There are 2 rules in life you should never break...do unto others as you would have them do unto you and if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Reactions: Slimmmmmm

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to alienate anyone, just pointing out that their attitude outright stinks and obviously everyone kissing their respective asses hasn't gotten anyone anywhere beside boosting their already inflated egos (this last one is strictly based on the attitude displayed here).

If they want to help, that is awesome. If not, that is fine as well, however there is no need for them to come here and dump all over the guys that are trying to learn this stuff and work their way through it. I never understood this "holier than thou" attitude that people get when they are more knowledgeable on a topic than someone else and I don't just mean F0F, I mean in general.

There are 2 rules in life you should never break...do unto others as you would have them do unto you and if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.
You broke rule #2 btw. :P And I think there attitude is more to the people that don't contribute getting in the way of the people that do. That is all. Peace brother I'm out of here. :)

"There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch"

Reactions: rednekcowboy

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
You broke rule #2 btw. :P And I think there attitude is more to the people that don't contribute getting in the way of the people that do. That is all. Peace brother I'm out of here. :)

"There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch"

I'm dutch...

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm dutch...
Lol. Sorry dude. It's a joke from a movie called Austin powers. Ever heard of it? I have nothing against the Dutch or anybody else for that matter. I guess you didn't get the irony/joke in the statement? He could have said any culture and it would have fit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O Dude.. Lets not get into that. plz :mellow: