Hacking Coder searching incompatible games to fix them

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
That's how an error report has to look like. Hmm, the question now is, did the cioscorp people test with discs or from usb?
He (also someone in #cios) tried from Disc Channel, so with discs.
I would test myself, but I guess my Wiikey would interfere anyway.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Majin Vegeta said:
WiiPower said:
That's how an error report has to look like. Hmm, the question now is, did the cioscorp people test with discs or from usb?
He (also someone in #cios) tried from Disc Channel, so with discs.
I would test myself, but I guess my Wiikey would interfere anyway.

I need confirmaton from somebody who know what he does, or i need precise information what was tested together(!).

To me it looks like it could be that the game needs to:
- be on disc
- run on NTSC
- be forced to japanese
- be patched to use IOS249 or to have cioscorp installed
or else i won't work

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I need confirmation from somebody who know what he does, or i need precise information what was tested together(!).

To me it looks like it could be that the game needs to:
- be on disc
- run on NTSC
- be forced to Japanese
- be patched to use IOS249 or to have cioscorp installed
or else i won't work

Here's what I know from my attempts to get a back up of this game to work.

1. Back Launcher was a no go, regardless of the options.(I didn't of course try the PAL options because my monitor doesn't allow that)
2. When I was on system menu 3.2U, and I tried menu loader to IOS249 the disc's splash screen played fine, I click on start though and the game gave me an error to remove the disc and restart my wii. At this time I had ran Klonoa(and other 4.0 games) just fine, but of course that wasn't a back up.
3. I have since finally upgraded to 4.0U, and once again tried the back up launcher, but it didn't work.

Thus it seems, I may have to take one for the team, and attempt to install cioscorps.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No. Don't install cioscorp. Just patch the game to IOS249. Or if you don't want to reburn, get to know what IOS is used by the game, and replace that with the matching cIOS from cioscorp. And disc channel can't force japanese ==> it's more an additional test to Gamma not the other way around.

Oh and use NeoGamma R2:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5914
it runs more games than Gamma.

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
No. Don't install cioscorp. Just patch the game to IOS249. Or if you don't want to reburn, get to know what IOS is used by the game, and replace that with the matching cIOS from cioscorp. And disc channel can't force japanese ==> it's more an additional test to Gamma not the other way around.

Oh and use NeoGamma R2:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5914
it runs more games than Gamma.
I'll try NeoGamma R2. But I've never patched a game before, how do I do that?

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Use this to patcht the .iso to use IOS249:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3812

It's a commandline tool, so you have to drop the .iso on the .exe.(never i imagined i would write stuff like that)

haha thanks, I'm burning a new dvd now. I'll let you know how it goes when it's done.

UPDATE: Patching the disc and using NeoGamma R2 still resulted in a green screen.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arrgh. I complained about the lack of information. There are too many people not knowing what they are doing. If you missed 1 requirement for some reason, it's no surpirse it does not work at all. How do i know you did everything that could be required?

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't trust that I did?

What more can I tell you? I did EVERYTHING you told me to try, and the result of it was a green screen.

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I generally trust nodody with this. Forget 1 little detail and it does not work.

Well you can trust me, I'm not some rebellious 13 year old, that doesn't follow instructions. I did every little thing you told me to try, trust me I know how to follow directions I grew up playing with LEGO haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple