OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hidden-street.net
XP
Country
United States
Earlier today, my Wii was working just fine. I go to play a backup of a game and it firstly errors me in Backup Gamma 0.3 with Error 324. So I looked that up, reinstalled the cIOS.

Now my games load (sometimes) and whenever they boot up, the drive starts clicking persistently, failing to load and then eventually erroring out.

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried uninstalling DVDx, reinstalling cIOS's, reinstalling Backup Launcher, cleaning the disc, turning the Wii on all of its sides..

Firmware: 3.3u

edit: I get the 324 error now on all games.. even originals. The regular disc channel won't play anything either.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its more then likely the media your using.I used a dvd+r set to dvd-rom booktype and it clicked loud as hell.Burnt the same game on a dvd-r and it was 10 x quieter.

Bryan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hidden-street.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've backed up about 20 games and they all worked, all of them.. up until this evening. Don't know what happened, I just started getting errors.

I might try formatting (after backing up my save files) and then just readding cIOS and Backup Launcher 0.3. Does anyone have any tips for that or is it just straightforward?

Edit: Bah, my flash drive is only 2gb. But I'm really not the one who plays the Wii, my brother and his friends used it more than me. They're only 13 so having game discs is just a tad easier than swapping out isos on a flash drive every time they want to play.

D4rkl1nXus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue it fixed it self when I put a retail gamecube game in really don't know what caused it "i think it was the upgrade to 4.0. I was kind of freaking out as it refused all disks I thought it was briked but some how the gamecube disk reset it. I had the issue on and off and it was annoying so I reinstalled wans cios and that seemed to do it.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Bryan_ said:
Update: I get the 324 error now on all games.. even originals. The regular disc channel won't play anything either.

That looks very much like your Wii's laser just died completely... You know, some Wii drives were faulty to begin with, so it's not that big of a deal. Nintendo should replace the unit free of charge, even after the warranty has expired.

But be sure to at least try either or each of the following before:
- Try playing GC originals
- Update
- A lens cleaner

Bryan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hidden-street.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips.. the gamecube thing didn't work. I formatted and still nothing. So I guess my laser completely died.. I've opened my Wii up before in an attempt to install a modchip but failed, and never modded it. This was like two years ago. It's been working ever since, and I softmodded it about two months ago. It was just working yesterday evening.

So can I still get them to fix it if I've opened up my Wii?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a hardware failure. Send it to nintendo and the unit should be replaced. If the unit's been opened I don't know if they will replace it free but it's worth a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2