Hacking clean the SysNand using mariko

RBlackbird420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Hi there, I got a question and I haven't been able to find an answer in the forums. I'm still new to this.
Is there a way to clean the SysNand using SX OS on sx core mariko?
I seen there's the Haku33 homebrew, however is not recommended on mariko because it will brick the console
But is there another homebrew for sx os?
There's the CleanUp option built in the sx core, but is not clear on what files exactly it cleans.
Or would you recommend to do SX OS clean up, and then dump Nand, create EMUnand ?
When my chip got installed, they put the games on the sd card and started to run games xci on sysnand so I assume the nand is not longer clean,
Airplane mode has been on since then and I haven't gone online.
What I want is to clean the nand and dump the nand to my sd card then copy to my pc and then create EMUnand on the switch and load my games
Will I be able to get online on OFW and play xci on EMUnand ?
Should I just abandon all hope to go online and give up and embrace the ban?

Thanks if you read my lots of questions, I know I have no idea of what I'm doing and probably already f***d up
But I appreciate very much the community help I want to continue trying to use homebrew too
I find that there isn't much information on sx core yet and i'm exited to learn more

Reactions: androidguest64

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as I know there is no 100% guarantee clean-up and ban safe method. Just use original firmware for legal stuff and emunand (offline or blocked N services) for all the other stuff.

HenryMin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
No do not use Haku33, it's based on reboot to payload.

'Clean up' option in SX CORE menu removes eMMC payload in BOOT0.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I got a question and I haven't been able to find an answer in the forums. I'm still new to this.
Is there a way to clean the SysNand using SX OS on sx core mariko?
I seen there's the Haku33 homebrew, however is not recommended on mariko because it will brick the console
But is there another homebrew for sx os?
There's the CleanUp option built in the sx core, but is not clear on what files exactly it cleans.
Or would you recommend to do SX OS clean up, and then dump Nand, create EMUnand ?
When my chip got installed, they put the games on the sd card and started to run games xci on sysnand so I assume the nand is not longer clean,
Airplane mode has been on since then and I haven't gone online.
What I want is to clean the nand and dump the nand to my sd card then copy to my pc and then create EMUnand on the switch and load my games
Will I be able to get online on OFW and play xci on EMUnand ?
Should I just abandon all hope to go online and give up and embrace the ban?

Thanks if you read my lots of questions, I know I have no idea of what I'm doing and probably already f***d up
But I appreciate very much the community help I want to continue trying to use homebrew too
I find that there isn't much information on sx core yet and i'm exited to learn more
You cannot clean the NAND because the cleanup option only removes the modification the chip made.

androidguest64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As far as I know there is no 100% guarantee clean-up and ban safe method. Just use original firmware for legal stuff and emunand (offline or blocked N services) for all the other stuff.
But my SysNand is dirty. so there is no solution?

Did anyone found the method for the Mariko?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But my SysNand is dirty. so there is no solution?

Did anyone found the method for the Mariko?
If you really only used xcis, the nand might be clean enough to allow using it online.
I'm not 100% sure if sxos had included atmospheres logging protections though, so there might have been logs created, when cfw components or homebrew crashed.

Stil the best would be, if you have a nand backup from the beginning, and restore that.

androidguest64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you really only used xcis, the nand might be clean enough to allow using it online.
I'm not 100% sure if sxos had included atmospheres logging protections though, so there might have been logs created, when cfw components or homebrew crashed.

Stil the best would be, if you have a nand backup from the beginning, and restore that.
When I receive the Switch Mariko from the seller, it was already pre-installed with NSPs in SysNand.
So, am I doomed? :((

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I receive the Switch Mariko from the seller, it was already pre-installed with NSPs in SysNand.
So, am I doomed? :((
What kind of nsps where pre-installed? Was it only games, or also homebrew?
If it where only games, it might be possible to move to atmosphere on sysnand and go online with it, since it reduces the amount of logs created and send to nintendo.

Best would be to check if there is a way to clean up the tickets of the installed games to leave less traces, move to atmosphere and hope nothing problematic got logged and send to Nintendo already.
At least unless somebody else has a better suggestion for mariko switches.

androidguest64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What kind of nsps where pre-installed? Was it only games, or also homebrew?
If it where only games, it might be possible to move to atmosphere on sysnand and go online with it, since it reduces the amount of logs created and send to nintendo.

Best would be to check if there is a way to clean up the tickets of the installed games to leave less traces, move to atmosphere and hope nothing problematic got logged and send to Nintendo already.
At least unless somebody else has a better suggestion for mariko switches.
It was Tinfoil and some games.
Already have AtmosphereOS at EmuNand.
Do you think just factory reset the SysNand will clean up every trace of NSPs and Homebrews (including tickets)? I don't mind losing data though.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you think just factory reset the SysNand will clean up every trace of NSPs and Homebrews (including tickets)? I don't mind losing data though.
It won't clear the logs, but I think tickets will be deleted by it, not 100% sure though.
So if tinfoil never created any logs, that could be enough, but unless somebody else has a better idea, that might be your best bet.

My knowledge about cleaning up the traces is limited through, instead I'm more on the side of avoiding the traces in the first place.
So I'm not pirating, and instead just use some systemmodules (like sysdvr) and homebrew while going online.

pwjpssdfvqyuhweuxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
for my Mariko unit I used this guide: gbatemp.net/threads/cleaning-up-nand-to-play-online-safely.551767/
combined with the tools nxnandmanager and hekate.
Not sure if it is important, but make sure hekate is the payload for boot and make sure you have a clean sysnand boot option ready in the hekate ipl. (the boot process will take several retries but should work on the second/third attempt. - obviously do a sysnand backup before!)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a well-known fact that factory resets do not clean everything out of a console. Why would Nintendo willingly put an anti-ban feature in their own device? Plus people have been banned even after performing a factory reset.

ArchGryphon9362

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It is a well-known fact that factory resets do not clean everything out of a console. Why would Nintendo willingly put an anti-ban feature in their own device? Plus people have been banned even after performing a factory reset.
What you said is mostly correct, they do not reset everything, but let me correct you on something. The bans that Nintendo does are done by banning a key stored in a read-only portion of your console, which currently cannot be modified by a factory reset or any methods known to hackers. That is why you can't bypass a ban using a reset. (yes what you said is true and essentially lines up with what I'm said, but I'm getting a feeling that you might not fully understand how this works so just saying just in case)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you said is mostly correct, they do not reset everything, but let me correct you on something. The bans that Nintendo does are done by banning a key stored in a read-only portion of your console, which currently cannot be modified by a factory reset or any methods known to hackers. That is why you can't bypass a ban using a reset. (yes what you said is true and essentially lines up with what I'm said, but I'm getting a feeling that you might not fully understand how this works so just saying just in case)
I've run a thread dedicated to all sorts of Nintendo Switch banning-related information for years now. I think I may know more than you, no offense...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like it when usps is like delivery expexted Today jk we meant tomorrow