classic vs gamecube

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bluebowser31, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010

classic vs gamecube by bluebowser31 at 1:35 AM (2,540 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. bluebowser31
    OP

Member bluebowser31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    should i get the classic contorller, or the gamecube controller?
    i have only 3 games which can use either, and both use both (mortal kombat, brawl, cart) and i dont have any gamecube games, and dont plan on buying any... maybe
    i also dont plan on getting ANY VC or WW, so its mainly for these 3 games and hombrew (ok mainly hombrew)

(also, is pro worth it, and is wirless (GC) worth it?)

cheapest i could get them:
    GC: $6
    wireless GC: $10
    classic: $4
    Pro: $8

2. gamefreak94

Member gamefreak94 GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster

United States
    Get classic controller pro. Pro because it feels for comfortable if your use to the PS format or even if your not.

3. bluebowser31
    OP

United States
    lol you read my mind about ps emu...

but that wont buy me

4. fartos32

Member fartos32 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I think classic pro. My reasons being

-Brawl is annoying with the classic controller. The analog sticks just arent in the right places

-some homebrew games might have crap controls with a gamecube controller

So get the classic controller pro and you get the best of both worlds in one controller.

5. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    I'd get either (or better still both) a wavebird or the standard classic (not the pro) controller.

Some games feel better with the gc pad, others with the classic pad. I'm not a fan of the classic pro at all, but try it - you may like it.

6. fme008

Newcomer fme008 Member

United States
  7. bluebowser31
    OP

United States
    yeah but PS2 controller SUCKS!
    stupid ps2 fanboys... it has some good games and ok graphics, happy? >.>

and at dude that said get classic pro, why did u say the analogs are in wrong places.. but get it?

8. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I like the GC controller most, but that's mostly due to familiarity.

The CC pro is a very close second.

Never use an original classic controller, they fucking suck.

Sidenote, PS2 has some great games. You're an idiot if you think a console that's been out since 2000 doesn't have any good games.
    You're also an idiot if you argue the graphics are bad. The PS2 has games with VERY good graphics, in fact most of the games still top most Wii games.
    You might as well argue how the PS3 has terrible graphics too.
    Sony consoles may not be the best ever (especially the shit controllers), but don't talk shit about the graphics, because they're always top notch for that.

EDIT: Nevermind. I read your signature, you're an idiot.

9. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    I agree with your controller choice, GC, then CCpro, followed by Dualshock - it doesn't feel like it's made for a human hand, despite a very good try (molding-wise). Yeah, the PS2 has a huge variety of amazing titles, especially RPGs. I'm pretty sure that the PS2 was the weakest console of the last generation, though, and Wii games are often better, but a different style.The PS2 had a 299 MHz. CPU, and a GPU clocked at 147 MHz. The Wii has a CPU clocked at 729 MHz, and a GPU at 243. I'm pretty sure the Wii beats it out?

10. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Well the specs of the consoles have little to do with it in this case.
    It seems as if wii games get chosen to have shittier graphics then it can handle.
    Why? I dunno.
    But people developing PS2 games liked to push the limits of the console, and thus a lot of great graphics games were born.

11. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    GC or wavebird controller. Have a classic that I never use. It's so damn uncomfortable.

12. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    pro. hands down.

13. silverbullet1080

Member silverbullet1080 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You forget how awful PS2 games look compared to modern Wii games today on HDTVs. Arguing that God of War looks better than Chicken Shoot and shovelware is fine, but there really aren't any PS2 games that look better than non-shovelware Wii (and even gamecube) games... at all.

As for the OPs question, get a Classic Pro and adapter to play Cube games with it.

14. Rogue Trader

Member Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I prefer the GC controller, probably because i'm so used to it.

Also, who would have a PS2? Try 150 million people, it's one of the best selling consoles of all time. It still has a better library of games than most modern consoles, especially the Wii, which has like ten good games, and a hell of a lot of shovelware. It also has incredible graphics for it's time, and can still stand up to some modern titles (unlike the N64, which, despite the love I have for it, does look pretty dated in comparision, but that's a different matter).

The controller does kinda suck though, i'll give you that.

15. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Why are you comparing the PS2 to the N64? That's completely unlogical. It's better to compare it to the GameCube, which sometimes even has the better graphics in crossplatform games.

On-topic: never used a classic one, although I think they suck after taking a look at one.

16. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I was going to reply, but /i saw this, and, well..obvious troll is obvious.

17. Rogue Trader

Member Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Haha, yes I suppose that does make very little sense. I've been playing a lot of N64 recently, and it's just a shock how old the graphics look (although I did cite it as a different matter).

You are right to compare it to the gamecube, and I found my gamecube to be in many ways the superior console, let down mostly by a lack of consistent releases. To remake my point though- the PS2 was graphically still an excellent console, even today, and there is no denying it was a popular console.

18. bluebowser31
    OP

United States
    ugh i forgot i made the post about ps2... i was in a bad mood (acekard not working, people leaving, no videogames... sigh)
    but now everythings better and so is the ps2, which i love* (there u people happy?)

but anyways, whats up with this wavebird? (isnt it just a wirless gamecube controller?)
    and i love that guys idea of getting a classic to GC adapter, that might solve all my problems...

19. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    edit: nevermind....if anyone can delete a post, that would be cool.

20. bluebowser31
    OP

United States
    well i feel kinda stupid for making this now, cus the only thing it made me want to buy both lol

but that would be nearly 20$ and thats almost a ds2 that i want, so i guess ill get ds2 then both
    sigh

also, im writing all of this from the wii... took 4 ever! man i need a laptoP!