Lord Kanti

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK so I have been at this for about a day. I finally got my wii downgraded to 3.2 in order to run preloader and cioscorps. i thought by now things would be working but surprise, surprise, they arent. I followed the directions given by softmii to get my wii to the point of runing cioscorps ( i dont want themes) but the games still will only load in gamma. As of this point I cannot even boot games from gamma, as these were my last steps:

Please bear with me....

the directions from softmii said to install various IOSs to get to the point where the downgrader cold run. CHECK.

it then said to down grade. CHECK.

update shop channel. CHECK.

then it said to install preloader. CHECK.

then it said to install CIOScorps and cMIOS. CHECK.

now here is where i ended up still with a stock disc channel. A temper via the site chat basically told me the ppl over at softmii are somewhat retarded and their directions are fucked up. he said that CIOSCORPS had to be installed prior to preloader so that preloader can "patch" the CIOSCORPS wads. some crap like that..... he then said to uninstall preloader by installing sysmenu 3.2 (v289 as I have NTSC-U).

SO I installed the Mario Kart Update (thinking it would overwrite the renamed sys file made by preloader), i then ran the V289 wad I got from the system repair disc found at hackmii. Currently my wii is now pretty much the way it was when I bought it + all the hacked channels. Gamma is installed but no longer runs backups...... My question is:

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?????

I want to get to the point where my wii can run GC and Wii games from Disc channel and also have preloader. Ive googled and Ive tried over and over but I cant get this stuff sorted >.<

HBC TP hack and Gamma was cake but this last stretch of hacks has really done a number on me, HALP!

thanks for checking my post and i hope its not too noob as perhaps i over looked something even though i red several versions of the directions i needed, and followed them as closely as possible and looking up contradictions accordingly.... thanks again.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
the reason why softmii guide is retarted is because it never really explain to noobs what they are doing and why they are doing it, which includes all sub-optional and not always necessary steps they added for various reasons

I believe in human teaching, not sheeps spoonfeeding

anyway, it seems like you have messed everything up and I don't think it's a good idea to run an update with CISOCORP installed, in best case it will overwrites your IOS and remove the benefit of CIOS

btw, preloader does not patch "wads" neither IOS, it only patches the ssyeme menu

Lord Kanti

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK so if I install sysmenu3.2.wad v289 once more will that put me at stock 3.2 with homebrew or will there still be remnants of my failed attempt to install CIOSCORP etc. ? I want to know where would be a good place to go and how to get there in order to try from the beginning as to how I'm going to install this package. since I am at v3.2U, what IOSs will I need and which ones should I skip since I downgraded successfully. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉