CIA install invalid

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Razzyness, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Razzyness
    OP

Razzyness Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2011
    United States
    I keep having troubles installign cia. Someone suggested I reformat emunand or something. My sd card is not fake btw.

What is the process on reformating the sd card?

Would I copy my current SD card files (emunand/gameinstalls/gamesaves) to my desktop and after format is complete copy it back to the reformated sd ?

2. DingusPingus

DingusPingus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    If you are having trouble installing stuff it would be easier to help if we knew the error code and what installer you are using

3. Razzyness
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2011
    United States
    Install failed
    Could not install app.
    Raw Error: 0xd8e0806a
    Module: AM (0x20)
    Level: Permanent (0x1b)
    Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
    Description: Invalid signature (0x6a)

This was on FBI and I tried Big blue menu.

All my cia installs are failing, they were fine installing a week ago, I've tried redownloading from different sources and redownloading from the same link thinking something might have corrupted. I have plenty of space on my sd card, I deleted a bunch of cia games i had installed and still nothign installs..... :/ Please help. I've looked all over and no one is able to help

4. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Belgium
    are you sure you are in emunand? wht cfw are you using? it seems signature patches arent patched correctly

5. Razzyness
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2011
    United States
    I am in emunand ( I have a bg set for my emunand)

I tried installing this 75 theme pack cia and it went thru?? But nothing else does..

It's weird, all the games/apps ive installed will reinstall fine, but anything new just fails.

I'm just using gateway to install the cias. I tried using cfw RXtools as well.

6. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Belgium
    ok so its not the patching, since rxtools is automatically patched upon boot. hmmm, if you open fbi, does the top screen say install destination sd card? or nand?

7. Razzyness
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2011
    United States
    Install destination says SD.

I just tried using socket punch to ftp over the cia from my pc to 3ds and cia installs fine... Seems Ill have to use this but I'm really curious why my cia on my 3ds sd card fails.

8. ZeroShift

ZeroShift Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2008
    United States
    Are you using FBI's 3DSX via HBL or CIA?