Chrono Trigger DS NOT delayed? (Official website says it's not)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the US site has been updated to say......November 25!

http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/

Confusion, confusion, confusion.

Edit: Apparently, all the delay talk was just a bunch of bull. SE is just as confused by this as we are. So the official release for the US remains November 25!:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=55096

Before, I posted that the game may have been delayed. I included an image of a Square Enix email that said Early 2009. THAT may have been for Europe. And Amazon's page (the US page) says December 30. So who the hell do we trust?

Well, I think the best thing to do is to trust the official North American website which I posted above. Amazon isn't trustworthy and that email may have been for Europe. Best to trust an official source right?

I'm very sorry for jerking people around, but I was just posting news. I feel jerked around as well, but I apologize anyway. So until further notice, here's how it looks for Chrono Trigger DS:

North America- November 25, 2008

Japan- November 27, 2008

Europe- Early 2009

Original source:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=55054

EDIT: I just noticed that the update to the US site also includes the 3 videos from the Japan site. BUT THEY ARE IN ENGLISH! So enjoy our first glimpses of the new translation! The text seems to be using the Final Fantasy GBA/DS font instead of the large font from the SNES game. Here's the old Chrono Trigger text font:

font.png

Here's the font used in the Final Fantasy remakes for the GBA and DS:

adv_font.png

I guess it's the FF GBA font. It looks similar at least. So bring on VARIABLE-WIDTH FONT BABY!
yaynds.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YEEEEEHAW!!! Going to have it for my BDay I think. To buy or to not buy... I'd hate to change my pirate ways but it is Chrono Trigger.

Also can not wait to see what is added to the game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the topic again. I just updated it telling you guys/girls to check the "Characters" section of the US Chrono Trigger DS website. They updated it to include the videos from the Japanese site.....EXCEPT THEY ARE IN ENGLISH! Enjoy seeing what the new translation and English text looks like!
yaynds.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi said:
I don't like the look of this. Their constant effort to associate Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy in some way is annoying. Personally, I'm not into Chrono Trigger much anyway.
Just compiling the PS1 Chrono Trigger with Final Fantasy 4 and changing the font to a more visually-pleasing one isn't a bad sign. They used a similar font in the Dragon Quest 4 DS remake and it turned out superb! And I don't think the font is EXACTLY the same anyways. It looks edited a little from the Final Fantasy games to stand on it's own.

The game will be no worse than the SNES game and may possibly be better!

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi said:
Not worth it either. I really don't like the second half of the game. Other than a few interesting boss battles, there was too much backtracking for my taste.

Then dont play it? Pro choice
smile.gif

Shinrin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you checked gonintendo today, you'll see that amazon can't be trusted. i founded a post on toasty frog from Jeremy parish, he even asked SE if the game's been delayed, and they looked surpised.. so this further backs up that the game isn't delayed, and also that thing about Early 2009 is from the European news letter.
wink.gif
A friend of mine in europe helped me out on that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)