Chrono Trigger Cheating Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by flamephoenix, Jan 8, 2010.

Jan 8, 2010
  1. flamephoenix
    OP

Newcomer flamephoenix Newbie

Kuwait
    Hello, Today I installed YSmenu for my r4 after that I became happy that chrono trigger has cheats because when i had r4 they didn't appear ANYWAYS, I putted the cheats that I wanted on and started playing until it crashed, tried several times but no luck (portal crash) so I did some googling and found out that I need to patch it so I did and then I putted it on my ds and the freaking cheats won't appear, I tried downloading 6 different CT Fix from different sources and all won't work but after I tried the patched CT (the one that is like 84MB) it worked the only problem is how can I make the cheats appear ?

Please help I really want to play Chrono Trigger [​IMG]

thanks in advance.

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    When you patch a game you change the Game ID. The cheat database only contains Game ID's for clean (unpatched) ROMs. If you want to cheat on a patched ROM you must manually edit the cheat database. Use R4CCE.

3. connor_walsh

Member connor_walsh GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  4. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    Go into your cheat database using a cheat editor, use it to find the rom id, then copy&paste it into the 'game id' part of the screen. It will now work.
    Or, alternatively (and more easily) don't cheat...[​IMG]

5. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Why not just activate the Anti-Piracy Bypass cheat code with a clean rom?

6. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    If you really want to cheat, this is your best option, as you have to do no copy&pasting, and all the other cheats are readily displayed.

7. flamephoenix
    OP

Newcomer flamephoenix Newbie

Kuwait
    Thanks guys for your replies but the game itself won't work,keeps crashing at the teleport place,even after patching it , i managed to use the Japanese version with using cheats,because the Japanese version has english translation within the game itself.