Cheap controller and travel bag for switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by gemartic, Jul 10, 2018.

1. gemartic
    OP

gemartic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    Hello everyone!

Im searching for cheapest solution for new controller. Pro controller is too expensive for me. Should I go with 8bitdo adapter so I can use my ps4 controller or should I buy a new controller?

Could you also recommend me cheap travel case? It should be able to carry all stuff that comes with switch: console, dock, charger, controller and so on.

Thanks in advance

2. Rel

Rel GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    How long are you willing to wait, I would go with either the Magic NS adapter or 8bitdo adapter for an extra controller cheap, but keep note that you will not be able to charge while using in handheld mode and the shipping takes about 2 weeks at least if ordering from China instead of Amazon. Also the 8bitdo adapter does not include a USB-C Adapter like the Magic NS adapter so keep that in mind. As for travel case to carry all of your stuff I would go with this Amazon Basics one https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Travel-Storage-Case-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B072C9BVTW

Last edited by Rel, Jul 10, 2018
    gemartic likes this.
  3. gemartic
    OP

gemartic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    I can wait weeks. :)

What is the difference between magic bs and 8bitdo?

4. Rel

Rel GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    The Magic NS adapter can also be used with wired controllers and has the option to remap the buttons on the controller for A and B and it also comes with the Micro USB-C cable as mentioned. The 8bitdo is usually cheaper if ordering from China but doesn't have those features I mentioned.

gemartic likes this.
  5. gemartic
    OP

gemartic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    Does ps4 controllers gyro work on both?

6. Rel

Rel GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    Yes they do, you also will want to update them and enable "Pro Controller Wired Communication" on your Switch.

gemartic likes this.
  7. Lallo

Lallo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    Any difference between the Magic mayflash or 8bitdo? Where is the cheapest place to buy them?

8. asnka

asnka GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2006
    Kazakhstan
    This is prob the cheapest case you will find.
    https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Carrying-Case-Nintendo-Switch-Yellow/dp/B074C4SN8H/ref=ice_ac_b_dpb_twi_gam_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531333704&sr=8-6&keywords=switch+case&th=1

controller from China
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wired-Game...29:m:mRCQLiyK1E55tgfuk1lOmbA&var=413442772483

Last edited by asnka, Jul 11, 2018
  9. Rel

Rel GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    Your answer is 3 posts above yours.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That case you posted will not carry the dock and controller as well and it's an add-on item meaning they would have to pay $25 to order it. The Amazon Basics Travel case I posted yesterday is the cheapest case for that. https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Travel-Storage-Case-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B072C9BVTW

10. asnka

asnka GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2006
    Kazakhstan
    If you have an Alexa enabled device. You can get add-on items without spending the $25.
    I have this case and it will, in fact hold extra joy-cons.

11. Rel

Rel GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    Nah they fixed that method. It's no longer possible.

12. Redbunnymoon

Redbunnymoon GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2015
    Austria
    https://antagongame.com/product/soyan-carrying-bag-for-nintendo-switch-large-capacity-messenger-bag/

I buyed this bag last week and i fcking love it!
    I used this Bag almost for traveling with the Train (with the Switch) and also as normal Bag without the switch in my city.
    I get a Powerbank, a little water Bottle, the switch, my Money thing (i forgett the english name for it), my keys, my smartphone, a charge cable, headphones and a power adapter for the train
    I hope the pictures work :'D

ps.: I buyed it in Mediamarkt (www.mediamarkt.at) for 30€ (~35$), i have no idea where you get that bag with that price in your country
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Redbunnymoon, Jul 11, 2018
    gemartic likes this.
  13. asnka

asnka GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2006
    Kazakhstan
    Damn, you're right...My bad..

14. TheZoc

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Sorry to ask this here, but do you happen to have a link for a trustworthy china seller, for the mayflash magic ns adapter ?
    I'm having trouble to find a good seller

15. Rel

Rel GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    United States
  16. TheZoc

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    It isn't? :o
    Shipping from US to Brazil is insanely expensive, that's mostly why I was hopeful with a china reseller :(

Sadly, the shipping (for Mayflash) is $75 and 8bitdo seller doesn't ship to Brazil :(

Still, thank you very much! :)

17. Rel

Rel GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    Last edited by Rel, Jul 12, 2018
    TheZoc likes this.
  18. Rasa39

Rasa39 LovesCuteShiz

Aug 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I went with the PowerA controllers. They're built surprisingly well and if you can get them on offer it's even better. I got the splatoon one just for the design, but then found their zelda pro controller version for half price (£15).

However I also realised you can buy said pro controller versions from aliexpress for £15 anyway, they both mario and zelda versions. It's quite a wait unless you pay delivery, but considering they retail for £30 here in the UK and you are buying the exact same controller (not a fake), you might think the wait is worth the price reduction.

Oh and the pro controller version is almost identical to the newer non-pro versions (splatoon, yoshi etc) only the pro has a soft touch grip on the back and has detacheable thumbstick heads. Inside they are exactly the same though.
    PowerA Pro Controller

Or you could buy a fake nintendo pro controller, but I've heard bad things about the quality of those and that they might disconnect randomly.

Last edited by Rasa39, Jul 12, 2018
  19. dinalee

dinalee Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    I just picked a best seller at eBay, didn't spend much time on choosing and reading reviews. So I bought Hyperkin Polygon "the Rook" Travel Bag for Wii U, I will try to attach a photo if possible. Some travel blogs confirm it is a nice model, but I am not an expert, I just really like it.
    [​IMG]