Change Wii ID

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nathan026, Sep 16, 2008.

Sep 16, 2008

Change Wii ID by nathan026 at 10:13 AM (1,408 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. nathan026
    OP

Newcomer nathan026 Member

Australia
    Hey all,
    If i were to buy a new wii to replace my old one(video problems), is there a way to clone my wii user information to it. So i can just redownload my VC games i have already purchased, keep my Friend codes including the message board one and be able to edit mii's originaly created on my old wii.

Thanks,

2. elfsander

Member elfsander GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Can't you just send your Wii back to Nintendo? They'll fix it (replace it if needed) even after your warranty expires. You may have to pay though, it will be cheaper than buying a new Wii.

3. nathan026
    OP

Newcomer nathan026 Member

Australia
    i put an openwii drive chip in it a while ago, so i'd have to take it out. but it still might be noticable.

4. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    They don't open up a defective Wii, especially not if video problems are the cause. They'll simply replace it.
    You can believe me, last time I brought it directly to a Nintendo customer service point and I just got a new Wii (free of charge, even though warranty already expired). It took them about 10 minutes to transfer all the data from the old Wii to the new one.

In some cases, they can't transfer the data. When I was there another time, they could not do it because my Wii was apparently already completely dead.