Which version do you use?

• Total voters

Dodongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that problem, sometimes when the adapter resets, it doesn't connect to the internet, the connection says "invalid ip adress" and after many tries it reconects again, or when a MAC is changed again.
I think I am going to try this.... Maybe that's what's going wrong. I made a shortcut with admin privileges on the desktop. This might be it?

EHooper02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that problem, sometimes when the adapter resets, it doesn't connect to the internet, the connection says "invalid ip adress" and after many tries it reconects again, or when a MAC is changed again.

My adapter ends up disabling itself somehow and won't kick back on until it gets unplugged/plugged back in. This happens not just when using the cycler, but when cycling manually every now and then as well. What I'm trying now is using devcon to restart the adapter manually after each macshift command. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning. Have it set up to run all night and swap out macs using this method, so if it works, say hello to my Mii! haha.

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't work for me.

My current status:
- i got the hotspot up and running
- the 3DS can connect to the "attwifi" and N-Zone shows up (but can't connect because the hotspot is secured, ofc)
- the MAC of my wireless LAN adapter was changed to 4E:53:50:4F:4F:4F
- the internet connection is successfully shared, I can play online in Mario Kart 7
- YES, i removed all internet connections from my 3DS and setup only the "attwifi" one after doing all this
- YES, my laptop is only connected through an ethernet cable, the Wi-Fi is NOT connected to anything
- YES, I do everything with administrative rights (my UAC is off)

My problem:
- i get no StreetPass hits

Additional info:
Code:
C:\Users\Username>netsh wlan show hostednetwork

Einstellungen für das gehostete Netzwerk
-----------------------
    Mode                  : Allowed
    SSID-Name         : "attwifi"
    Max. Clients        : 100
    Authentification  : WPA2-Personal
    Encryption          : CCMP

Status des gehosteten Netzwerks
---------------------
    Status                : Started
    BSSID                 : 0e:53:50:4f:4f:4f
    Funktyp              : 802.11n
    Kanal                  : 11
    Anzahl Clients    : 0
Notice the BSSID? Shouldn't this be "4e:53:50:4f:4f:4f"?
When I try to change this using macshift, it doesn't work. It says "Done." really quickly but when I start the network again, the same BSSID shows up.
When I run "ipconfig /all", it shows me that the "Wi-Fi" HAS the spoofed MAC of "4e:53:50:4f:4f:4f" so I assume the HotSpot just uses the spoofed one but changes the first character to "0".

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, some basic questions on StreetPass since I live in the middle of nowhere and I never got a StreetPass hit before:
- since this is a hotspot and the 3DS disconnects from it after closing it, do I have to keep my 3DS open or what exactly do I need to do to get StreetPass hits?
- I enabled StreetPass in my settings and for every game I own, so how exactly would I get to know I got a StreetPass hit - would the LED be green and the Mii Lobby Icon shows a blue bullet?
- What would happen if I setup my iPhone as a hotspot, spoofing the devices MAC to one on the list, the hotspot's MAC to an altered one (I can't spoof this one), no security and SSID "attwifi"? I tried this and can connect to the Nintendo Zone so would I get streetpass hits if I carried around my iPhone (which I take with me anyways) but let my 3DS at home all day? Because if I can't get this here to work, I would use my iPhone as a backup :D

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to use this, but I have a question: Do I need to disable the sleep function of my PC before using the cycler?

kantaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While every MAC address does not seem to work for me, I am getting enough to be more satisfied than if I were to go out to the mall or something.
Great, thanks!

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you soo much for this. Its much more convenient then changing it on my wireless router every time I streetpass with someone. Plus it doesnt disconnect everyone in the house from the internet while im changing it.

So if i restart my computer do i have to re-initiate the command prompt codes to get the virtual adapter running again or will the setting stay through a reboot

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sooo, I went through the whole thread and still can't make this work.

I have managed to get some StreetPass Hits by manually changing the MAC with macshift and starting/restarting VirtualRouter Manager.

The problem is pretty simple: Whenever I start MAC Cycle v5 Max, it says that it wasn't granted access to macshift in afolder (which is located somewhere within Appdata) then goes on normally but doesn't change the MAC adress.
No matter what I did (Run as Administrator, run through Command Prompt) I just can't get the cycler to get access to macshift.

Any help is appreciated, I would really like to make this work.

Michem

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It doesn't work for me.

My current status:
- the 3DS can connect to the "attwifi" and N-Zone shows up (but can't connect because the hotspot is secured, ofc)
- the internet connection is successfully shared, I can play online in Mario Kart 7
- YES, i removed all internet connections from my 3DS and setup only the "attwifi" one after doing all this
- YES, my laptop is only connected through an ethernet cable, the Wi-Fi is NOT connected to anything

My problem:

Additional info:
Code:

-----------------------
    SSID-Name         : "attwifi"

---------------------
    BSSID                 : 0e:53:50:4f:4f:4f
When I try to change this using macshift, it doesn't work. It says "Done." really quickly but when I start the network again, the same BSSID shows up.
When I run "ipconfig /all", it shows me that the "Wi-Fi" HAS the spoofed MAC of "4e:53:50:4f:4f:4f" so I assume the HotSpot just uses the spoofed one but changes the first character to "0".

Also, some basic questions on StreetPass since I live in the middle of nowhere and I never got a StreetPass hit before:
- since this is a hotspot and the 3DS disconnects from it after closing it, do I have to keep my 3DS open or what exactly do I need to do to get StreetPass hits?
- I enabled StreetPass in my settings and for every game I own, so how exactly would I get to know I got a StreetPass hit - would the LED be green and the Mii Lobby Icon shows a blue bullet?
- What would happen if I setup my iPhone as a hotspot, spoofing the devices MAC to one on the list, the hotspot's MAC to an altered one (I can't spoof this one), no security and SSID "attwifi"? I tried this and can connect to the Nintendo Zone so would I get streetpass hits if I carried around my iPhone (which I take with me anyways) but let my 3DS at home all day? Because if I can't get this here to work, I would use my iPhone as a backup :D

Same problem here....
If i set the wi-fi mac address to 4E:53:50:4F:4F:4X
the bssid of virtual hosted network change to 1e:53:50:4f:4f:4X
and if i edit the mac of the hostednetwork and restart, it will revert back.
But i'm still getting streetpass data.
I think many other people have this issues, maybe with a different number too.

Uziumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work for me.

My current status:

My problem:

Additional info:
Code:

-----------------------
    SSID-Name        : "attwifi"

---------------------
    BSSID                : 0e:53:50:4f:4f:4f

This is my same problem.
I get it all working, but in the end it will not work for me as I won't get any Streetpasses. My only option is Windows 7 as I don't have any of the other devices.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, finally got this to work.
Restarted my computer this morning, and for some reason when launching MAC Cycle normally, i.e. not as Administrator, everything worked fine.:wtf:
Thank you so much for this useful program.

Btw, you're not talking about VirtualRouter in your second post about how to setup your connection, is it that it's unnecessary with your method?
Because for me, using it was the only way to get this running.

kyanph

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, thanks to all the people who made homepassing possible!

I ran into a problem with the mac cycler though.

What does it mean when it says:

Host Name could not be found.
IP Address could not be found.

I was able to get 20 passes this morning. After 8 hours or so, I tried again but the message above keeps popping up on Virtual Router.

tophoos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your next update, can you please try a MAC shuffle and randomly hit up MAC addresses? And maybe increase it to 200-300 MACs? I think there is a large enough population of people using this that 500 MACS can be cycled.

MisoSoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, finally got this to work.
Restarted my computer this morning, and for some reason when launching MAC Cycle normally, i.e. not as Administrator, everything worked fine.:wtf:
Thank you so much for this useful program.

Btw, you're not talking about VirtualRouter in your second post about how to setup your connection, is it that it's unnecessary with your method?
Because for me, using it was the only way to get this running.

Windows 7 and Windows 8 can set-up a virtual AP using CMD commands. I assume the Virtual Router Manager software is just a GUI version of the CMD commands, but I suggest using the CMD as it's faster and can be less obtrusive, as you aren't running a full application in the background.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Windows 7 and Windows 8 can set-up a virtual AP using CMD commands. I assume the Virtual Router Manager software is just a GUI version of the CMD commands, but I suggest using the CMD as it's faster and can be less obtrusive, as you aren't running a full application in the background.

That's what I figured, but as the steps given in the 2nd post through CMD commands didn't work for me (everything seemed fine in the console, but the SSID wouldn't be changed) I ended up using VirtualRouter. Whatever works, I guess :).

Sigil

Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I try to start the hosted network in command prompt, it says:
fdabd2.jpg

I've used this to connect my 3DS to the internet before, so I don't think I did anything wrong. It stopped working either after I changed the ssid, or after I used MAC cycle.

Or is this a hardware problem? My laptop's pretty old.

EDIT: I checked the status of the virtual adapter in Device Manager, and it says that this device cannot start(Code 10). Any help?

xanthux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS can automatically detect the NZone with the Internet logo in the upper left. But everytime I tried to change the MAC manually (by macshift) or run the cycler, it can still detect NZone but without the internet connection. It only says Streetpass. What should I do?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Chaldron

Can you make a version without the "start hosted network" part? Because I've got an USB Access Point and it goes crazy because the hostedN can't be started, but works perfectly when I manually change the MAC, so it would be great for a version of your program where only the MAC's are changed and the adapter restarted.

SungodKizaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys can someone help me with the Windows method, I do everything that is in the guide, I'm using Virtual router in a laptop(conected by ethernet).

Anyway I've tried a bunch of times I create the connection, the 3Ds detects it and the nintendo zone but I can't connect to it at all, I got to connect once in like 4 hours of trying, sometimes it passes the authentication phase other times it doesn't, anyway even after connecting I end up losing the conection after I get otu of settings, I get no streepasses at all.

Does anyone know why I just can't connect? I've used a bunch of diferent macs and I always get an error(most of the times on the authentication like I said above, I just don't understand, everything seems to be fine till the point I connect with the 3DS.

Is it supposed not to connect at all? or the conection should show as successfull?

Tks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head