Hacking CFW works but then get boot ini missing error

Hemboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello people. Hoping someone can throw some light on what might be happening as I am at the point of tearing my hair out, and I haven't got much to spare these days :wink:

Switch is on 8.1.0 firmware and is running Atmosphere 0.9.3 custom firmware. Initially everything was stable and I had several nsp installed and running on both the internal memory and an 8GB micro sd card. Installation was via USB using Tinfoil. Obviously 8GB soon became rather limiting so I purchased a 256GB SDXC card at which point my problems began. Three or four games install successfully but any more and installation fails and I get the message saying to reboot using the volume button. When I do this and select the CFW I get the message that boot ini is missing. I have tried copying the bootloader folder back to the card from my PC to see if this resolves the problem but so far the only way I can get the CFW to boot again is by reformatting the card and copying all the original folders back to it. Obviously at this point all games installed on the card are lost and I have to start the install process again.

Is this just a case of a cheapy SDXC card becoming corrupted for whatever reason or am I missing some fundamental trick?

:unsure:

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you buy the card? Sounds like a fake. Fake cards are actually far lower in storage size, and when you exceed that amount it just corrupts everything on the card because it starts overwriting previous data.

Hemboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Where did you buy the card? Sounds like a fake. Fake cards are actually far lower in storage size, and when you exceed that amount it just corrupts everything on the card because it starts overwriting previous data.
Hello. It's from Amazon but it was only 23 euros for 256GB and manufactured by whoever a company by the name of Adamdsy might be :unsure: That was certainly my first thought too but then everything else appears to be intact on the card with the exception of a vanishing boot ini file. I would have expected the corruption to be random, not a particular file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?