lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi
I just bought a second hand new2dsxl.
I did a complete reset, update to latest fw. Now I am going to softmod.
Some questions before I start
1. Is it wise or nessary to create a nintendo network id first before cfw or can that be done afterwards?
2. Is a nintendo network ID nessary at all or can i do without (does it limit eshop/updates for instance)?
3. As I already have an ID (wiiu) and registered my switch... If nnid is necessary, is it clever to make a new one for this cfw 3ds or reuse the existing (with an eventual ban in mind)

Thanks for the information

D

Deleted User

It doesn't matter whether you create/link a NNID before or after CFW installation. System updates and most online features (except for downloading free apps) work without having a NNID at all, but if you don't link/create a NNID, then if your 3DS breaks, you won't be able to contact Nintendo Support to get your eShop purchased games back without having to pay for them again. If you get banned while using a NNID shared with other consoles, then the other consoles will not be banned.

NOTE: Always install CFW using Plailect's/ihaveamac's 3DS Hacks Guide! If you have a USA/EUR/JPN region console, then you should use the BrowserHax 2020 method.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: lafleche

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't matter whether you create/link a NNID before or after CFW installation. The eShop, system updates, and all online features work without having a NNID at all, but if you don't link/create a NNID, then if your 3DS breaks, you won't be able to contact Nintendo Support to get your eShop purchased games back without having to pay for them again. If you get banned while using a NNID shared with other consoles, then the other consoles will not be banned.

NOTE: Always install CFW using Plailect's/ihaveamac's 3DS Hacks Guide! If you have a USA/EUR/JPN region console, then you should use the BrowserHax 2020 method.
You need a NNID for Nintendo badge arcade or the app simply wont work. You also need one for eShop to make purchases and to put funds onto. Aswell. There is the serial number of the console that can be used with contacting nintendo if there is no NNID.

D

Deleted User

You need a NNID for Nintendo badge arcade or the app simply wont work. You also need one for eShop to make purchases and to put funds onto. Aswell. There is the serial number of the console that can be used with contacting nintendo if there is no NNID.
Oh... I didn't know.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs