Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

::Phoenix::

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The point is that Haxchi (and not CBHC) does not have any way of recovering your wii u if you set up a wrong config.txt. So, coldbooting Haxchi (and not CBHC) is more risky. Any way, CBHC is able to run Mocha, which contains everything is inside the elf you are trying to coldboot.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean Haxchi 2.3u1? And with isohax.elf it will be coldbooted?

Actually I believe you could coldboot that .elf file. While it's true that the options are preset it does have the option to boot two different .elf files. It is setup to boot either Mocha CFW or Homebrew Launcher. If you put that sigpatcher .elf in the path that it expects to find Mocha or Homebrew Launcher (and rename the .elf appropriately) I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Try it.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine y mod never worked with the channel version of Homebrew launcher because it was never updated to work with the HBL channel.
I compiled my own version with a fix that works. There is a link HERE. if anyone wants it.

working flawlessly from the chanel version, thanks a lot

Deleted member 129634

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, is it normal to get this corrupted title in redNand after installing the ds vc title and haxchi into sysnand? It also can't be deleted or launched.
IMG_20161213_142119.jpg

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without knowing the exact details who can say exactly why he bricked? As I said above maybe his NAND just took a shit during the install process or sometime before. There was (still is I suppose) a problem where consoles with defective NANDs were getting corrupted during write operations. Super Smash Bros was heavily blamed but really it was just what a lot of people were playing at the time. Maybe he screwed up. Maybe there is a chance that it can brick when something just "goes wrong" and the user is not to blame (I kinda doubt that though). I think you'll be fine. If you want to be extra paranoid you can make a NAND and OTP backup. Then you could unbrick with a hardmod. It's not like it's an $8,000 smart TV. Fuck it, just do it.
Actually, there is a hardware defect brick. It's rare, but it happens.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, there is a hardware defect brick. It's rare, but it happens.

That's what I was referring to. My understanding is it's the fault of a defective NAND. Eventually a write operation will create a corrupted file or files. When this happens it displays the same error that the dude who thought he bricked by moving CBHC into a folder reported. Something something "System memory is corrupted." At least that's what I understand based on what people who know a lot more about the Wii U have said.

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
FIX94, can you make some changes in official release, i made them for my own use, but i think many people will like this...

Attachments

• 2016-12-13_23-27-25_cr.png
    2016-12-13_23-27-25_cr.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 202

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
@FIX94 I don't know if this is a bug with CBHC, a certain WiiU game or Dimok's Homebrew Channel 2.1.

I just installed CBHC 1.2 on my PAL console, successfully tonight and enabled the auto-boot to system menu. Everything seems to work fine for my USB installed titles inc, DLC and VC thanks to the signature patching.

However, I have found an issue with one particular title so far (Hyrule Warriors with the latest update patch and DLC) Basically, what happens is when I load the HBC and exit back to the main menu, selecting this title causes it to crash requiring a hard reset 100% of the time.

But, if I don't load the HBC at all after CBHC has booted to the main menu and I select same game again, it works fine, yet if I load the HBC and exit, the crash will happen again.

So far, I have tested Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and Xenoblade, which all have their latest updates and DLC applied and those are fine after using the HBC after boot, so I find it weird that Hyrule Warriors crashes.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chr0x @ Chr0x: https://x.com/PlayStation/status/1795817520420827449 State of Play, Not Showcase :rofl: