cartridge ID information wanted...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Fotonic, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Fotonic
    OP

Fotonic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    Italy
    In Gateway ROM patcher there's the option for generating a cartridge ID 'using a public one".
    Does somebody know from where that public id comes from? Is it randomly generated on the fly?
    In that case where can i look for instructions on how to generate this IDs?

I need this informations for a utility I'm writing, thanks in advance for your help! :)

2. Pestilence204

Pestilence204 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2014
    Canada
  3. Fotonic
    OP

Fotonic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    Italy
    Thanks, I was referring to Card ID. You say that it cannot be generated yet so I assume that the program has got a list of Card IDs collected after they've been released and the generation consists of randomly picking up one ID from that list...
    This may be a solution, if I understood right a valid Card ID can be used on every game, not the only one it's been taken from. Is this correct?

4. Pestilence204

Mar 15, 2014
    Canada
    The 2nd part of what you said is correct. A valid Card ID can be used with any rom.

The first part though, there are no programs out that will automatically enter a Card ID for you. You have to enter it on your own.

5. Fotonic
    OP

Fotonic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    Italy
    Firewall doesn't register internet access for Gateway ROM tool when generating Card IDs, so if it's not known how to generate valid IDs yet it must read them from a list of known IDs.
    There's the possibility to enter your own and the option to insert a public ID.

For my application then I'll look for some database of public Card IDs then, thanks a lot for your help. :)

6. Pestilence204

Mar 15, 2014
    Canada
    Which version of Gateway ROM Patcher are you talking about? I'm almost positive that it doesn't do that.

7. Fotonic
    OP

Fotonic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    Italy
    Version 1.0
    [​IMG]

8. Fotonic
    OP

Fotonic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    Italy
    If I change the Cart. ID in a ROM, save data will still be valid or does it depends on Cart. Id?
    And the same if I change Chip ID?

9. Pestilence204

Mar 15, 2014
    Canada
    Oh, well would you look at that. That's actually v0.1. I use v0.6.

Saves depend on the Cart ID. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can change the Chip ID.

10. Fotonic
    OP

Fotonic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    Italy