Cart Ripping

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rockraven500, Nov 15, 2009.

Nov 15, 2009

Cart Ripping by rockraven500 at 6:05 AM (784 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. rockraven500
    OP

Newcomer rockraven500 Advanced Member

Canada
    Hey all, I want to start dumping my cartridge games onto my computer then onto my Acekard 2i so that I don't need to continuously switch cards, in fact i haven't played any of my original games for that reason. Is there a way for me to get them onto my computer? And this is only for personal use. I want to slow down with my downloads and support the companies that keep me away from near death boredom, while keeping the games portable, which is what the DS is. Also, what about piracy blocks? I'm running a DSi with 1.4u and a DS Lite. My Acekard 2i is flashed to bypass the DSi's 1.4u update, and has AKAIO. Is there any specific loader I could get that will allow the games to read properly? When Soul Silver comes out in Canada I want to get it and dump to my computer, but I think there's already piracy protection on the Japanese versions. I also what something that will dump save files and possibly GBA games via slot 2. I don't have a slot 2 flash card, but I'm hoping for a gba emulator. I know everyone says it's impossible, but I think it's a possibility because of the DSi's extra 12m of ram. Of course most of you will disagree with this, just let me think what I think, and maybe one day I'll come to the conclusion that isn't possible.

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
  3. rockraven500
    OP

Canada
    It's not working, It's telling me I can't connect to the ftp. The only difference between me and the guide it that im using my d drive because my c is almost full

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    It only works with a DS or DSL. If you have a DSi, your SOL.

5. rockraven500
    OP

Canada
    Ok well thats fine, I have a DSi and a DS Lite, oh I'm such a fanboy, I intend on getting a Phat and XL. Thanks for the tip

Edit:// MMM, Nope, still not working... I have the last firmware version of DS Lite

6. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Then you config'ed it wrong on the computer end.

I really don't give a crap if you want to call yourself a fanboy or not, there are already plenty here who actually have more hardware than you do and knows how to use it correctly.

7. rockraven500
    OP

Canada
    Hmm, okay yeah that's true I don't have a lot of hardware, but compared to any of my friends, I'm leet. Here I'm just a noob, gotta remember that. I'll take a look at the configs later and tell you how it works out.