Capture 3DS Video?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drfsupercenter, Feb 20, 2013.

Feb 20, 2013

Capture 3DS Video? by drfsupercenter at 3:58 AM (1,019 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    So... according to this forum (which I trust), there is still no 3DS emulator, but how did this come into existence:

That's literally 40 minutes of gameplay footage and it's WAY too good to be a camera. It looks like actual frame captures to me... how on earth did someone pull that off? If you look on that guy's channel, he has a TON of Fire Emblem videos with actual recordings of all the cutscenes and stuff.

Is this some special devkit from Nintendo or something else I'm not aware of?

2. fafaffy

Member fafaffy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You know theres a modded 3DS that can output the top/bot screen of the 3DS. They're expensive though.

Just Google "3DS Capture Card"

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    Ah yeah I just found that.

I was thinking of recording both endings to FE:A, but I suppose it's easier to just wait for someone with the 3DS capture card to do it? I'd get my system modded but I have the 3DS XL and the site says it won't support that.

Sorry for sounding like a n00b, up until now all I've seen were camera rips.

4. EvilMakiPR

Member EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Puerto Rico