Can't enter emuNAND

Brickatron3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey there, I hope you can help me… I’m modding a Switch for the first time and I get a black screen when trying to load emuNAND.

System:
Unpatched V1 on 14.1.2 // All firmware on latest version, downloaded yesterday // 128gb MicroSD on FAT32

To hack the console, I went through every step of the NH Switch Guide which initially got me into emuNAND.
Then, through ftp, I copied sigpatches & fusee in, changed the code of hekate_ipl.ini to chainload fusee as recommended by the sigpatch download site, and I run tinfoil installer.

The installer threw an error (don’t remember what was it), and I rebooted.
I haven’t been able to boot into emuNAND since; after the Nintendo switch logo is displayed I just get a black screen.

Both CFW and OFW boot fine on sysNAND
The tinfoil installation log shows a successful installation.

I’ve tried restoring the previous hekate_ipl.ini file, checking the sd with h2testw for errors, formatting the sd and even restarting from scratch following the Reentry guide (partition based, without AutoRCM)

Nothing seems to work so far.. Any ideas of what might be going on?

Last edited by Brickatron3000,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
may be a corrupted SD card, test it using H2testW

are you using RAW Based EmuNAND? if you do, backup it using emuTool, if not backup all files to pc, format your card and test using H2TestW. if all go well try to use the backed up EmuNAND as File base EmuNAND.

Brickatron3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, thanks for your reply.

H2testW shows no errors.

With RAW Based EmuNAND do you mean a partition-based EmuNAND? If so, yes.

I made a NAND backup during the first setup, right before a successful emuNAND boot. Should I try restoring it before trying the emuTool backup?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post your hekate_ipl.ini content? You can also try resetting the emunand using service mode (press and hold vol + - at the same time when it's booting), although I don't recommend doing it as it would cause joycons to de-sync between emunand and sysnand. Just try to re-create the emunand again.

Brickatron3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I'll recreate emuNAND as file based tommorrow.

Here's my hekate_ipl.ini. 2 EmuNAND options just to see if I can make any of them work.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

[Atmosphere - SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hekate ipl.ini seems normal, btw you don't have to use file based emunand. Have you already tried to repartition the sd card and create a new emunand again? If so then i'm not sure what's wrong with it, maybe try a new sd card or factory reset your ofw.

Brickatron3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hekate ipl.ini seems normal, btw you don't have to use file based emunand. Have you already tried to repartition the sd card and create a new emunand again? If so then i'm not sure what's wrong with it, maybe try a new sd card or factory reset your ofw.
Yes, during the second attempt I formatted the sd, repartitioned it, and created a new EmuNAND.

I guess I'll try to restore the NAND backup and, if it doesn't work, I'll have to get a new card and factory reset the switch...

Thanks for your help BTW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==