Cannot write rar archive

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by i0nzeu5, May 10, 2017.

1. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    I am unable to compile/build iso's because I keep getting the error: cannot write rar archive. Here is the situation. I have rar files for some Wii games that require par2 files to "reconstruct" them. If the file parts are all in a folder located on my internal hard drive then no problem, but I want to keep my files on an external drive & unfortunately I get the "cannot write rar archive" error when I try to do this on my external drive(s). I've tried a couple drives, I can't get it to work on any of them. I've looked at the permissions & it appears I can read & write to them. One of the drives is a 1TB Western Digital Elements formatted as a single FAT-32 with MBR. The other drive is a 4TB Western Digital My Passport formatted as 2 2TB FAT 32 partitions.
    Is it perhaps that an external drive, formatted in the way I have them formatted, cannot build the ISO files because they are over 4gb?
    I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this correctly.
    ANy help is appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Convert the drives to ntfs or later filesystem

i0nzeu5 likes this.
  3. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    I forgot to say I'm using a Mac so do you knowif formatting to ExFAT will solve the problem? I mean I'mtrying itanyway but just curious while I wait.

4. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    Ok formatting to ExFAT allows me to use my external drive as a repository for all my game files now so I can keep my rom's, rar's, wbfs' & ISO's all together. Thanks everyone!!!