Cannot write rar archive

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by i0nzeu5, May 10, 2017.

1. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    I am unable to compile/build iso's because I keep getting the error: cannot write rar archive. Here is the situation. I have rar files for some Wii games that require par2 files to "reconstruct" them. If the file parts are all in a folder located on my internal hard drive then no problem, but I want to keep my files on an external drive & unfortunately I get the "cannot write rar archive" error when I try to do this on my external drive(s). I've tried a couple drives, I can't get it to work on any of them. I've looked at the permissions & it appears I can read & write to them. One of the drives is a 1TB Western Digital Elements formatted as a single FAT-32 with MBR. The other drive is a 4TB Western Digital My Passport formatted as 2 2TB FAT 32 partitions.
    Is it perhaps that an external drive, formatted in the way I have them formatted, cannot build the ISO files because they are over 4gb?
    I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this correctly.
    ANy help is appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Convert the drives to ntfs or later filesystem

i0nzeu5 likes this.
  3. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    I forgot to say I'm using a Mac so do you knowif formatting to ExFAT will solve the problem? I mean I'mtrying itanyway but just curious while I wait.

4. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    Ok formatting to ExFAT allows me to use my external drive as a repository for all my game files now so I can keep my rom's, rar's, wbfs' & ISO's all together. Thanks everyone!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice