Cannot play WiiWare games? Help...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Morgawr, Dec 29, 2009.

Dec 29, 2009
  1. Morgawr
    OP

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Hello everyone, yesterday I was able to softmod my new wii with bannerbomb and now I can play backup games through USBLoader (I've got a new Wii, so no backup burned disks for me [​IMG] ). Today I decided to try the WiiWare challenge, I downloaded some .wad files and installed them through WadManager v1.4, everything installed correctly, however... I can't get them to work, when I select them it says "You cannot access this channel" or something similar (it's Italian in my Wii).

What do I do? How can I play WiiWare games from .wad files? I heard about TriiForce program, what is it exactly? From what I could understand it's another .wad loader, would it fix my issues?

Also, how many WiiWare channels can I load on my Wii? because it said my hard disk space was full (and I had only 2 channels installed...)

2. farcry15

Member farcry15 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you're space is used up already make sure you delete the internet connection video

3. Morgawr
    OP

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Yeah I've just noticed that video is XBOXHuge.. like 1400blocks or something.. Can I safely remove it without consequences? Should I back it up somewhere?

Also I fixed the non-working problem, it's because the .wads were not region-free, so I used free-the-wads program to crack them..

4. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Remove it. Now! Don't ask!

5. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    you may also be attempting to install and run titles from a different region, use the free the wads or something similar if necessary.

6. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Pss.

Install wads of YOUR REGION. Maybe you donĀ“t have the necesary IOS to run the game.

7. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    One of 2 things most likely.

You are trying to play wads meant for SM that is not your region. Grab the freethewads and run them through that, and it will solve that issue.

Other problem might be, though you didn't say that is that, is if you are trying to play them after you moved them from the NAND to SD, the system menu ios must be trucha patched.

8. IAmTheRad

Member IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I had an issue like this recently with my wads on my SD channel...
    I needed to trucha patch my system menu (I used dop-ios to do this. To get my usb loader working, I used trucha bug restore which didn't touch my system menu), and then I was able to use my installed games from my SD channel.