Hardware Hacking PS1/2 Cannot load PS1 games from OPL on modded PS2 Slim

PS2Trouble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have a European SCPH-90004 model with Matrix Infinity and FunTuna + FMCB that I want to play PS1 games on. I created a couple VCD files, and along with POPStarter and the most recent daily build of OPL I could find, I added them to a USB thumb drive. After plugging it into my PS2, I moved the DB of OPL to my memory card to replace the version that came with FunTuna.

Then I launched the program. I loaded the two games to test if they would work. Unfortunately, they did not; it would either go to a silent, black screen (with no PS1 startup) and stay there forever, or it would throw me straight back to the FMCB logo and BIOS menu screen. I tried out a bunch of different settings with the Matrix, OPL, and video component output, yet I still got the same results.

Is there any way I can resolve this issue? Until then, the only way I can successfully start PS1 games is by loading an official, black-bottom PS1 disc.

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
MechPwn will do what you want. DEX DTLH-90001 although pal game image will be shifted so use ntsc versions.

Make sure you know what you are doing before making changes.

Watch all the video and look at the issues on MechaPwn github then decide.

The Matrix chip should not interfere.

Last edited by torrent_get,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm NEVER horny