Hacking Cannot install pgk files in vitashell

Drake008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only thing I get there is gibberish text when I click with x on it. I have scene pgk files so that I do not download it again from anywhere. How to get the pkg files installed from ux0

Drake008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I created a zip now and depacked it onto the Vita in the App folder after that I refreshed the livearea and it does not pop up there. I used the pkg2zip.exe without this zrif option as this gives me an error "zrif length too short" or do I need a special file (a zrif for example) but hwere to get this file. I always thought scene files where already playable

Last edited by Drake008,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
work.bin generates pkg2zip automatically if you specify [zRiF]

@botik ,if you download game from NoPayStation and use Pkg2Zip to convert in zip,don't generate work.bin automatically,need download for version of the game,and insert manually when is unzipped.

I created a zip now and depacked it onto the Vita in the App folder after that I refreshed the livearea and it does not pop up there. I used the pkg2zip.exe without this zrif option as this gives me an error "zrif length too short" or do I need a special file (a zrif for example) but hwere to get this file. I always thought scene files where already playable

@Drake008 ,need only work.bin for your game insert manually in this position example:
ux0:app/PCSB00395/sce_sys/package/

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible the zrif was cut off if it's too short. get it from one of the tsv files or from the site you got the pkg. I've never had issues with unpacking a vita pkg, so I'm unfamiliar with that error. I assume it's not the standard length of characters or something.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's possible the zrif was cut off if it's too short. get it from one of the tsv files or from the site you got the pkg. I've never had issues with unpacking a vita pkg, so I'm unfamiliar with that error. I assume it's not the standard length of characters or something.

@godreborn ,i download work.bin and i add it after unpacked and unzipped,as i wrote in the previous post,it's easier!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the work.bin is tied to the zrif in some way. I think that's how we got a lot of those keys, because retail copies use the same digital in most cases.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the work.bin is tied to the zrif in some way. I think that's how we got a lot of those keys, because retail copies use the same digital in most cases.

@godreborn ,i just wrote that it is easier for me to use this method,because i am not as much an expert as you or others in this forum.

Reactions: godreborn

botik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
string zRIF is file work.bin in the archive using algorithm zlib
pkg2zip does unpacking zRIF in work.bin and copy to the right place

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to use the -x setting to get it into a working folder from what I remember. if you don't, the files will be dumped all over the place. lol

Drake008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I git this releases from a server in dc++ as mentioned its scene release and zrif strings are not to see there. Can someone get me a file with all the zrif codes, please.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you need to use the -x setting to get it into a working folder from what I remember. if you don't, the files will be dumped all over the place. lol

@godreborn ,sorry i didn't understand one thing,but pkg2zip when it transforms the pkg file into zip also has the work.bin file or not?
Because i tried to put a game in ux0:app/ just unpacked and refreshed the live area and license with VitaShell,but it doesn't appear on the home screen.

botik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
mini tutorial

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 319

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...